We hope you all are in good health and ready for another healthy recipe. We will be making vegetable millet. It is super healthy. This recipe is for everyone; kids, teenagers, middle-aged people, and those who are on their way to their weight loss journey. Happy mothers can also prepare this dish as part of their kid’s school tiffins or as breakfasts. It can easily be your go-to meal to fill up your tummy. So this is why we are here once again to bring you an interesting recipe.
- Foxtail millet -1 cup (Soaked overnight)
- Cold-pressed coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds -1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds -1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves -10-12
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Green chili – 1
- Rock salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sprouted peanuts – ½ cup
- Carrot -1 cup (small pieces)
- Beans -1 cup (small pieces)
- Cauliflower -1 cup (small pieces)
- Water – ½ cup
- Lemon juice -1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves-½ cup (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes.
This dish takes very less time to cook. It is easy to make and the ingredients are easily available as well. These are some quick instructions that will help you prepare this meal in no time.
- Take ½ cup of foxtail millet. This should be soaked overnight.
- The next day, drain the water and add one cup of fresh water to the ½ cup of millet.
- Then, boil the millet and keep them aside.
- Now, take a pan, and pour one teaspoon cold pressed coconut oil.
- Add one teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds and roast it.
- Then, add 10-12 curry leaves.
- Give it a good mix.
- Add ¼ asafoetida.
- Add one green chili.
- Add one teaspoon of rock salt.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup of sprouted peanuts.
- Add one full cup of carrots; the carrots should be properly chopped.
- Add one cup of beans.
- Add one cup of cauliflower
- Mix everything together
- Add ½ cup of water.
- Put the lid on top of the pan and let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
- The veggies should be crunchy.
- Add one cup of boiled millet to it.
- Mix everything well.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add half a cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve it hot!
Trying out recipes shouldn’t just be fun but healthy. Healthy recipes play a huge part in preventing and controlling chronic illnesses. We have made sure to include all the healthy ingredients in it.
- Peanuts: Peanuts have a high amount of magnesium in them. They are a good source of protein. A hundred grams of peanuts have approximately 25 grams of protein. Peanuts are also rich in good fats, and fiber. Peanuts help you maintain a healthy heart and make your brain sharper. They are also suitable for diabetic patients. Consuming them regularly reduces the risk of gall stone. Peanuts ensure smooth and glowing skin.
- Beans: Beans are a good source of zinc, magnesium, and iron. They help in decreasing digestive issues. They help to decrease the risk of cancer and prevent birth defects in pregnant women. It has low fat and low calories. It lowers cholesterol levels and helps in weight loss. Consuming beans in your meal will help increase metabolic activities and improve the cardiovascular system.
- Millets: They are great for improving your metabolism. It is a good food choice for women in their menopause stage. They help to regulate glucose levels in the body. They have a high nutritional value and help in digestion. They help in reducing weight. They prevent bloating and cramps.
So, enjoy your food, and don’t rack your brain for new recipes. We will bring you the quickest and healthiest recipes on time.
- You can add peas, broccoli, and soy nuggets as per your choice. You can also substitute millets with samak rice.