How have you been? Looking for some great Salad ideas? We have got you covered. Today we are going to prepare a cheesy salad which is yummy, creamy and healthy. The best thing about today’s salad is, it is super easy to prepare.
Let’s have a look at the ingredients list.
- Broccoli – 1 cup (steamed 5-6 minutes)
- Yellow bell pepper – 1 cup (chopped)
- Red bell pepper – 1 cup (chopped)
- You can add more veggies of your choice
- All the veggies used should be steamed for 5-6 minutes
- Cashew Mayonnaise – 3 tablespoons ( Link )
Prep Time – 7 – 8 minutes
Making this Salad is easier than a child’s play, you just need some chopping and mixing skills and you can prepare the salad easily. Below are some instructions you can take notice of.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 to 6 minutes
- Chop down veggies of your choice
- Chop down bell peppers and steam
- Take a mixing bowl
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Now add some cashew mayonnaise for creamy texture
- Your perfect bowl of salad is ready
Salads are extremely convenient and healthy snacking options; they can be a savior at times when you are extremely hungry and can’t think of something else to cook. Besides that, salads are loaded with nutrients and can give you a feeling of satiety. Let’s look at the benefits this salad can enrich us with.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium, among other minerals. It also has a higher protein content than the majority of other vegetables. Broccoli is loaded with compounds that are believed to protect against cancer. Broccoli also reduces the risk of age-related eye disorders. Broccoli also promotes digestion and eases constipation. Broccoli can also help in slowing the aging process .
- Yellow Bell Peppers – Yellow bell peppers can prevent anemia, they help in maintaining eye health, high level of vitamin B6, which help in regulating hormones hence eases the PMS, high amount of vitamin C is attributed to increased immunity. Yellow bell peppers are excellent for skin health.
- Red Bell Peppers – Red bell peppers are considered to be the healthiest among all other colored bell peppers, they have huge amounts of vitamin C, they are ideal for eye health. Red bell peppers also support skin cells, help in healing wounds and boost the white blood cell growth.
- Cashew – Low in sugar and high in fiber, cashews are great for heart health. The amount of protein in cashews is quite high and it contains all the essential minerals which are quite crucial for energy production and healthy brain development. Cashews have great amounts of manganese and other ingredients which are important for bone health. Cashews are also rich in antioxidants hence they can help in fighting the free radical damage.
So just go and grab a bowl of healthy cheesy salad and get all the delicacy and nutrients served. You can take it as breakfast or as a snack, or even for dinner. Bon Appetit!
- You can add any vegetables of your choice while preparing the salad and add more cashew mayonnaise if you feel that the texture is too dry for you. While steaming the vegetables, take care of the bell pepper as it steams up quickly.