If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. Meditation is key.
The key, i.e., meditation, can unlock the vast potential hidden inside you. The Charisma of your inner self is hidden behind this physical self. Once you learn how to bring harmony between your physical and spiritual self, there is no going back; meditation is your only way to connect with the real you. There are many meditation practices, but here we will discuss Transcendental Meditation.
What is Transcendental Meditation?
You might have heard the term Transcendental Meditation before, but what does it mean?
The word transcendent means beyond or above the range of human physical experience; this Meditation Technique is a gift from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who derived it from rich ancient Vedic philosophy. The technique was brought to the U.S. in the 1960s, and since then, it has gained immense popularity.
Transcendental Meditation includes silent repeating a specific Vedic mantra with your eyes closed. The ultimate aim of transcendental Meditation is to transcend everyday thinking and gain a state of pure consciousness.
Transcendental Meditation Techniques
If you are a complete beginner in Transcendental Meditation Practice, here is what you need to do-
- Find a dim-lit corner of your house where you won’t get disturbed during the session.
- You can light a candle or Incense stick for better ambiance
- Sit in any position of your comfort
- Keep your hands on your lap
- Close your eyes
- Take a few deep breaths
- For the next 20-30 minutes, silently repeat a mantra of your choice
- Try to focus on the mantra; if you feel like you are getting distracted, bring your focus back to the mantra
- After 20-30 minutes, open your eyes
You won’t get expertise in the first go, so keep practicing
Once you get familiar with Transcendental Meditation, you need to look for a certified TM teacher or directly start your practices with a Certified TM Teacher. The Training takes a minimum of four sessions.
- In the first session, your teacher will give you a mantra that you can’t share with anyone, and you will be taught to use the mantra effectively. The session lasts for 60-90 minutes, in which you will have a one-to-one meeting with your teacher.
- Session 2 to 4 are carried out with a small group of students in which further details and pieces of Training about transcendental meditation is given.
- The third session is a follow-up session in which one-on-one interaction takes place, and the students are asked their experiences and progress about the practice.
In total, there are seven steps in transcendental yoga training, which stretches to six days.
Transcendental Meditation Effects
Meditation serves as a bridge between physical and spiritual self but attaining that state requires years of practice; Transcendental Meditation, however, has shown short term effects as well, and the people who are skeptical about the technique need to know that Transcendental meditation is not a religion or philosophy, it would not affect your social lifestyle, it is merely a practice or remedy for a calmer and creative mind.
Several research papers have been published till now proving the effectiveness of transcendental meditation in getting rid of anxiety and depression. The reports claim people practicing Transcendental Meditation have calmer and peaceful minds, and they can even relieve PTSD symptoms.
Transcendental Meditation Benefits for Brain
The benefits associated with Transcendental Meditation are immense; we are discussing a few of them here-
- Transcendental Meditation can significantly reduce stress.
- Transcendental Meditation has been proven to decrease anxiety and depression
- Better sleep is guaranteed once you start practicing Transcendental meditation.
- The Brain becomes calmer, and the thinking process becomes transparent and evolved
- People Experience more creativity after being inducted into transcendental Yoga.
- Highly beneficial for people with PTSD.
Transcendental Meditation Mantras
The Mantras used in Transcendental Meditation Mantras are highly confidential. Only people working as TM teachers or students enrolling in TM practices know them. The Mantras are personalized and provided to students depending on their interview with the teacher.
The Mantras have sounds with specific vibrations, so caution is practiced while giving the student mantras, so the practitioner gets maximum benefits.
Transcendental Meditation Cost
Transcendental Meditation costs can vary depending on the country, trainer, and types of sessions. We advise you to research a bit about the institute before enrolling.
Transcendental meditation is one of the very famous meditation practices adopted by people across the globe. A simple mantra if practiced carefully with proper guidance can enrich your personality and improve the quality of your life. You can try this technique, who knows how immensely your life changes after that!