It can be hard sometimes to maintain a healthy yet tasty diet, especially when you are trying to lose weight.. However, for every problem, there is a solution, and the solution here is a bowl of salad. Our Healthy salad recipes are easy to make and don’t take too much time. So they are perfect for our snack cravings while also being a terrific option for workout buddies and weight watchers. So without further ado, let’s discuss some healthy salad recipes that can make your summer a lot better.
Top 10 Healthy Salad Recipes for Summer
1. The Desi Salad:
No Indian can deny the fact that summer lunches in India are incomplete without the cucumber and onion salad. Let’s discuss the easy and delicious recipe here that even a child can prepare.
Ingredients – Onion, Cucumber, Black salt, Chat Masala, and Lemon
- Recipe – Cut onion and cucumber into slices
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and black salt.
- Squeeze lemon to give it a tangy flavor
- voila! Your salad is ready.
2. Sprout Salad:
This low-fat, protein-rich salad is very easy to make. It is perfect for health-conscious people who struggle with cooking.
Ingredients- Moong, Onion, Tomato, Coriander, Lemon, Salt
- Recipe – Sprout the moong.
- Rinse the sprout with water
- Steam or boil them.
- Add finely chopped onion and tomato.
- Sprinkle some salt and chaat masala.
- Mix them well.
- Pour some lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander
- The salad is ready!!!
3. Corn Salad:
You might have familiarity with popcorn, your Netflix buddy, but how about some corn salad which is tasty and healthy too.
Ingredients- Fresh corn, Water, Onion, Cucumber, Coriander, Chili powder, Lemon juice, Pepper, Herb, and Spices
- Recipe – Steam or boil the corn cobs till they turn tender.
- Scrape the corn kernels.
- Take a bowl with finely chopped onion, cucumber, and coriander.
- Sprinkle with red chili powder and pepper.
- Add lemon juice.
- You can add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Mix and toss everything well and your corn salad is ready.
4. Fruit Salad:
Fruit salad is the most common street-side salad. It gives you freshness and an instant reboot on a long summer day. However, you can make it at home and we will tell you how.
Ingredients- Diced pineapple, Sliced Strawberry, Pomegranate, Orange, Apple, Banana, Chaat masala, Black salt, Roasted cumin powder and Black pepper powder, Lemon juice
- Precaution: Keep banana and apple from browning
- Recipe- Cut the fruits.
- Mix them well.
- Add all the spices and salt.
- Mix and enjoy!!
5. Tomato Salad with Mint Dressing:
Tangy tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants; they are a superfood for our skin. So if you want that goddess glow, you should give it a try.
Ingredients- Tomato, Green chilies, Lemon juice, Coriander, Mint, and spices.
- Recipe- Chop the onion and green chilies.
- Toss them together.
- Mix lemon juice and spices.
- Dress with coriander and mint leaves.
- And the skin saver salad is ready.
6. Spicy Mango Salad:
Summer afternoons and a savory mango, aren’t they a perfect match? Well, let’s make a spicy salad out of your beloved mangoes.
Ingredients- Mango, Cucumber, Red onion, Green chili, Olive oil
- Recipe- Cut mango and cucumber into matchstick-like pieces.
- Finely chop onion and green chili.
- Mix the ingredients well with olive oil and spices.
- Now savor the taste of easily made mango salad.
7. Indian Cabbage Slaw:
Want a refreshing snack on a summer evening. Let’s prepare some cabbage slaw.
Ingredients- Cabbage, Carrots, Tomato, Salt, Sugar, Cumin seeds, Turmeric, Lemon juice, Peanut
- Recipe- Chop cabbage, carrots, Tomato, and Peanuts.
- Place all the vegetables in the bowl.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Take a pan and heat some oil.
- Splutter some cumin seeds in the hot oil.
- Add a little bit of turmeric.
- Now put this hot oil over the cabbage mixture.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and your salad is ready to serve.
8. Chickpea Salad:
Chickpea salad often attracts our attention while traveling. The salad is gluten-free and very high in protein. Here we will learn how to make it.
Ingredients- Onion, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Cheese, Chat masala, Coriander, Chickpea, Lemon, Green chili.
Precaution- Add salt and seasoning just before you eat, otherwise it can turn soggy.
- Recipe- Boil chickpeas.
- Finely chop tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, green chili, and coriander.
- Mix all the things in a big bowl.
- Grate some cheese over the mixture.
- Add spices and lemon juice to give it a spicy flavor.
9. Potato Salad:
Potato salad is not very common, but it makes a good vegan and gluten-free salad recipe.
Ingredients- Potatoes, Onion, Garlic, Coriander, Olive oil, Cumin seed
- Recipe- Boil some potatoes
- Take a pan with a little olive oil
- Splutter some cumin seeds
- Add tomatoes and onions to it
- Add the boiled and sliced potatoes to it
- Add spices and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Finally, add some coriander and lemon juice.
10. Avocado Salad:
Avocado is a very famous superfood. And it is loaded with so many qualities that we can call avocado the king of healthy foods. Let’s learn how to make a tasty and healthy Avocado Salad
Ingredients- Cucumber, Avocado, Onion, tomato, Vinegar, Herbs, Olive oil, Honey, Garlic, and oregano.
- Recipe-Whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, extra virgin oil, honey, garlic, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss all the veggies together with the avocados.
- Add all the spices, lemon juice, herbs, and oregano, and your Salad is ready.
These 10 healthy salad recipes can keep your hunger at bay and keep your body in shape. Salads are also a great way to incorporate those fibres in the most colourful manner. So start your salad-making spree and impress your friends with these easy yet amazing recipes.