If life is playing hard on you then it is time to include some soft tofu in your lives. Tofu isn’t the solution to your problems but it can definitely add some fun and variation to your boring meals.
You might be well acquainted with paneer tikka, be it street food shops or 5-star hotels, paneer tikka is served everywhere because we people love it! Tofu Tikka is no different from Paneer tikka, it is just on the healthier side.
So, to all the tikka fans out there, this is our special recipe dedicated to one and only, Your taste buds. Gear up for some action, because it is Tofu Time.
- Red capsicum -1 ( Chopped into squares)
- Green capsicum – 1(Chopped into squares)
- Onion – 1 large ( Chopped into squares)
- Tofu – 200 grams
- Chickpea flour- 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder- ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil – ½ tablespoon
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10-15 minutes
Tikka would not appear magically on your plates, you need to put in some effort unless you decide to order it from outside. But why order when you can easily prepare it on your own?
The process is simple you just need to go by the following instructions
- Chop down the veggies to be used in square-shaped pieces
- Carve out square-shaped pieces from the tofu as well
- Now take a mixing bowl and add all the chopped veggies i.e. Red and Green capsicum, onion, and tofu
- Add the chickpea flour for making a paste
- Now sprinkle all the spices such as red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, etc
- Add coconut oil
- Start mixing the ingredients together (You can use water as well for better binding )
- Once done with the mixture, take a skewer
- Arrange the veggies on the skewer, first red capsicum, onion, then green capsicum, and so on
- Once done with arranging, put the skewers in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree
- Once grilled, your tofu tikka is ready to serve
Usually, street food or tikkas are considered to be unhealthy for you but with Yuvaap the case becomes reversed, here we try to bring out the healthier versions of the food you love. The Tikka recipe we shared with you is healthy, nutritious, and delicious at the same time. For taste, you need to try it once but we can definitely tell you about the health benefits of this amazing recipe.
- Tofu- Tofu is rich in fiber hence keeping the colon healthy, being rich in proteins and low in calories it becomes an excellent food option. It can offer relief in certain symptoms of menopause, the Genistein present in it can prevent cancerous growths, and it can also prevent age-related mental delays.
- Red Capsicum- Red bell peppers are considered to be the healthiest among all other colored bell peppers, they have a huge amount of vitamin C, and they are ideal for eye health. Red bell peppers also support skin cells, help in healing wounds and boost white blood cell growth.
- Green Capsicum- Green peppers are high in iron, but they’re also rich in Vitamin C, which can help your body absorb iron more efficiently. This combination makes green peppers a superfood when it comes to preventing and treating iron-deficiency anemia.
So next time while planning for a small party at your home, don’t forget to include this incredible dish to your menu. We are sure your guests will become a fan of your cooking and you will be the star of the party.
- Since tofu is made from soy milk, it is difficult to digest; therefore it is advised to limit your intake to once or twice per week.