Are you ready for some street-style healthy snack? You might be very well introduced to chap. Prepared with some warming spice it is very delectable in taste. Even thinking about it drools our mouths. So today we are going to share a very different and unique way of preparing chap. It might probably knock off your taste bud with all the flavours and your gut will love it. And, after preparing this chap even your stomach will thank your brain for making them. So let’s begin with the recipe.
- Cooked quinoa – 1 cup
- Quinoa should be soaked for 7-8 hours and cooked with twice the amount of water
- Purple sweet potato – 1 cup (boiled and peeled)
- Spinach – 1 cup (chopped)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Dry mango powder – ½ teaspoon
- Flax seeds – ¾ cup (grounded)
Preparation time: 40-50 minutes
To prepare this healthy and delicious chap you need a little bit of time and proper instruction too. So let’s gear yourself up to make this amazing chap recipe.
- Take a bowl
- Add cooked quinoa, purple sweet potato, and spinach
- You have to boil the quinoa and purple sweet potato beforehand
- Add salt, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, and dry mango powder
- Add ground flax seed powder
- Now mix everything together with your hands and prepare the dough
- Bring some bamboo skewers and put the prepared mixture on them
- Bake them in OTG at 180 degrees for 20 minutes
- The time can vary with different OTG and how crispy you want them
- And your chap are ready to be served
- Serve them with some green chutney
This spinach quinoa chap not only satisfies your taste buds but also keeps you full for a long time. It will also give your body an ample amount of nutrition. Let’s take a look at the health benefits of the ingredients used in the recipe.
Quinoa: This superfood provides your body with an ample amount of nutrients along with highly nutritious carbohydrates. It is a great source of plant-based protein and is packed with antioxidants. It is gluten-free, which makes it great for people who are sensitive to gluten. Since it is full of fiber, it supports your digestion. It also maintains your cardiac health and lowers your risk of cancer and diabetes.
Purple sweet potato: Purple sweet potato not only adds colour to your plate but also brings heaps of nutrients to your plate. It is rich in antioxidants that prevent inflammation in the body and are very beneficial in preventing gout. It has a low glycemic index, which makes it a great option for diabetes patients. It also boosts your digestion and aids in weight loss. It improves liver health and lowers blood pressure in the body.
Flax seeds: With their nutty flavours flaxseed enhances each and every aspect of any dish. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins that play a pivotal role in the optimal functioning of cells. It is rich in insoluble fiber, which eases bowel movement and also lowers bad cholesterol levels in the body. It also regulates blood pressure levels in the body and also your blood sugar levels, which is great for people with diabetes.
So next if you feel like ordering some chap from the outside try to make our spinach quinoa chap, we are sure your body will thank you later.