Today we invite you to devour the beauty of a recipe we will discuss, now what more should I say? Wouldn’t it be enough if I tell you this recipe looks amazing, tastes great, and is packed with nutrition? And mind you, you will become a fan of the simplicity of this recipe which requires nothing but some chopping and plating. You won’t believe us, right? Well, check out how good this recipe is, we are mentioning the ingredients below.
- Cucumber – 1 cup (unpeeled, chopped lengthwise)
- Carrot – 1 cup (unpeeled, sliced)
- Red/yellow bell pepper – 1 cup
- Purple cabbage – 1 cup
- Parsley – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- B12 Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Date paste – 1-2 tablespoons
Prep Time – 10-15 Minutes
Though this recipe is very easy to prepare, we are providing you with some simple instructions so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Take a mixing bowl
- Add carrot, bell peppers, cabbages, and parsley to it
- You can steam veggies for a while if you don’t like them raw
- For the dressing, add some olive oil, vinegar, B12 Powder, and date paste
- Your sweet and tangy Rainbow Salad is ready
- Serve and Savour
The Rainbow diet has gained immense popularity nowadays and it has all the reasons for being a sought out diet as it contains phytonutrients that are a great aid to our health. Let’s discuss these benefits in detail.
- Yellow Bell Peppers – Yellow bell peppers can prevent anemia, help in maintaining eye health, and have high levels of vitamin B6, which help in regulating hormones hence easing the PMS, high amount of vitamin C is attributed to increased immunity. Yellow bell peppers are excellent for skin health.
- Red Bell Peppers – Red bell peppers are considered to be the healthiest among all other colored bell peppers, they have huge amounts of vitamin C, and they are ideal for eye health. Red bell peppers also support skin cells, help in healing wounds and boost white blood cell growth.
- Carrots – Carrots are a great source of vitamin A which is excellent for our skin and vision. They help us maintain blood sugar levels and are great for bone health. Carrots are also good for boosting our immune system. They can help with constipation as well. Studies have shown that they might have anti-cancer properties.
- Parsley – Parsley is rich in folate, a B vitamin that protects your heart and may reduce your risk of heart disease. The vitamins and beneficial plant compounds in parsley may improve bone health, protect against chronic diseases and provide antioxidant benefits.
- B-12 Powder – Vitamin B12 benefits include improving mood, reducing the risk of dementia, and supporting healthy hair and nail growth. B12 is an essential nutrient that helps the body create DNA, nourishes the brain and nervous system, it also increases energy and vitality.
- Purple cabbage – Purple cabbage is an amazing source of fiber and vitamins like A, C, K, and B6 and helps in maintaining and building healthy bones. It provides a high concentration of health-promoting antioxidants and is a versatile meal that may be beneficial in fighting inflammation and reducing discomfort, pain, swelling, and other symptoms associated with it. It also contains anthocyanins that may reduce heart disease risk.
- Date-paste – Dates contain vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, and B5, and A1 and C. You don’t need vitamin supplements if you have a few dates daily. Dates are a great source of bone-friendly minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. It also contains a low Glycaemic Index and a lower fructose content than most other sweeteners. In addition, dates comprise magnesium, which helps to enlarge blood vessels and conserve healthy blood pressure.
You see, just a bowl filled with colorful veggies can help you in so many ways, so why are you lagging behind, go and grab a bowl of Rainbow Salad.
- While preparing this recipe, avoid overcooking the veggies and prepare the salad when you are ready to eat it so that it tastes fresh.