We all know life serves us sweet and sour moments equally, but we always incline to the sweeter side more! Don’t we?
Being Indians one thing is very common to every household and that is our beloved Kheer, no festival of ours is complete without this delicacy, be it any good news, the kheer is the first thing that comes to our mind with the idea of celebration.
Today we are going to cook kheer but this kheer is going to be a little bit extraordinary, as we will be using healthier ingredients to cook this but don’t worry, your taste would not be compromised. Shall we start now?
- Quinoa – ½ cup (soaked overnight)
- Nuts and dry fruits milk – 1 cup
- Saffron- 8-10 strands (dissolved in 2 teaspoons vegan milk)
Prep Time – 20-25 minutes.
Well, cooking this quinoa kheer is not difficult at all and trust me you don’t need to be a cooking expert for making this, to prepare quinoa kheer you need to follow the simple instructions we have listed below
- Soak quinoa overnight
- Heat a pan and add quinoa along with one cup of water
- Now boil until the water dries out
- Once dry, collect the quinoa in a glass bowl
- Now we will add some nuts and dry fruits milk to it
- You can find the nuts and dry fruits milk recipe in our channel and website (link)
- Now add 7-8 saffron strands in 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or any other milk of your choice
- Add the saffron-dissolved mixture to the bowl of quinoa
- Now mix all the ingredients together well
- Your Quinoa Kheer is ready to serve
For More Updates Watch This Video
Quinoa Kheer as we have already told you is a healthier version of the normal kheer we are fond of, the ingredients used in this recipe are health friendly and nutritious so that you don’t have to feel guilty after having your favorite dessert. Let’s look at the benefits of the ingredients used to prepare this heavenly recipe.
- Jaggery – Jaggery has so many health benefits associated with it; it can aid in digestion. It detoxes the liver and blood. Treats lung and bronchial infections. Relieves constipation. Increases energy levels. Relieves stress. Treats premenstrual syndrome. It has antioxidant and anticarcinogenic properties associated with it.
- Quinoa – Nutrient-dense quinoa is the perfect carbohydrate, that’s why it is called super grain, it has anti-inflammatory properties. It eases hypertension, helps in digestion, and has been proven to induce longevity.
- Nuts and Dry Fruit Milk – The nuts and dry fruit milk contains the goodness of various nuts and dry fruits. It is a perfect vegan alternative to conventional milk. It contains plenty of fibers to keep your digestion on track. It is beneficial for the optimal functioning of the overall body. It Gives the mush needed boost of energy to carry out day-to-day activities.
- Saffron- Saffron advocates for improved mood, libido, and sexual function. Saffrons are also associated with improved memory and reduced PMS symptoms. It can also reduce appetite and aid in weight loss. It can also improve heart conditions and vision also.
Next time you invite guests to your home, don’t forget to introduce them to this amazing recipe. We bet they are going to praise you endlessly and they might want to know the secrets of your cooking caliber, don’t forget to give us credit.
- Quinoa should be soaked overnight for 8–10 hours. Also, use some 10 to 12 strands of soaked saffron while preparing this recipe.