We heard you are getting bored! don’t worry, we know a perfect recipe you might want to try out. Today we will present Pumpkin and sprouted fenugreek soup at your service. Well, we understand pumpkin might be the Halloween king but it hasn’t yet ruled your heart, but after trying out this new recipe, pumpkin will gain all your love and affection.
Like always, this recipe is going to be super yummy and super healthy. Yes! That’s what we do. We take healthy foods and prepare a healthy cuisine out of them. So, without further ado let’s crack the code on this yummy pumpkin soup.
- Pumpkin- 1 large bowl, pureed
- Onion- 1 medium bowl, chopped
- Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds- 1 small bowl, sprouted
- Salt- As per taste
- Red chilli- One piece
- Black Pepper- As per liking
- Basil leaves- 2 teaspoon
- Water- According to desired consistency
Preparation Time – 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time– 15-20 minutes
Cuisine– Vegan, oil free, soup
Making pumpkin and sprouted fenugreek soup is an extremely easy task, and with our simple instructions you can nail it in the first go. So go through the instructions given below and tell your pals how good a cook you are!
- Puree the pumpkin with the help of a grinder
- Heat a pan
- Add chopped onions
- Sprinkle some salt over the onions
- Onions will start releasing water
- Sauté onions well in the water they release
- Stir well and make sure onions are not sticking to the bottom
- Now add the sprouted fenugreek seeds for that extra nutrition
- Add a piece of red chilly for the spicy flavour
- Add water according to the consistency you want
- Let the soup boil for a while
- Sprinkle with black pepper and some basil leaves
- Serve the piping hot soup
Note- We often assume cooking can’t be done without oil, but this is completely false. You definitely can cook healthy and yummy dishes without using any oil.
The pumpkin fenugreek soup we just introduced you to, is a storehouse of health benefits, as the ingredients used in its preparation are beneficial for our health in one or another way. Let’s look at each ingredient separately to find the benefits hidden in them.
- Pumpkin- Pumpkin is very rich in antioxidants. It contains large amounts of fiber, potassium and vitamin C. It helps in keeping the heart healthy, immune system strong and skin glowing. Pumpkins can help in preventing breast cancer, too.
- Sprouted fenugreek seeds – Fenugreek sprouts help in managing diabetes and weight loss. They also may promote heart, gut, and reproductive health.
- Basil – Apart from adding flavor to the recipe basil is an extremely powerful medication. It can cure stomach spasms, loss of appetite, intestinal gas, kidney conditions, fluid retention, head colds, warts, and worm infections. Apart from that, it is beneficial for lactating mothers also.
Pumpkin and fenugreek soup can be an excellent addition to your meals and diet plans. It has everything that is required for a perfect recipe, i.e., taste, flavor and health. So, what are you waiting for, prepare this amazing recipe and gather all the praises of your loved ones.
- 1 teaspoon- 5 ml
- 1 tablespoon -15 ml
- Small bowl- 50 ml
- Medium bowl- 100 ml
- Large bowl -200 ml
- The vegetables should not be overcooked; they should still be crisp.