Before anything else it is necessary to understand that white skin is an unrealistic beauty standard prevalent in modern society as beauty is not associated with a specific skin color. Bright and glowing skin is however something that constant practice of yoga can help you with. Yoga helps by enhancing the blood flow towards the targeted body part and by flushing out the toxins from the body. So, without further ado let’s learn about the exercises that can give you the skin of your dreams.
How Yoga For Skin Whitening help?
1. Shirshasana [Head Stand Pose]
Shirshasana is a ultra pro level of sarwangasana , it can be a little hard to perform but regular practice will make you an expert at this, in this asana you will be standing inverted so the blood flow Humans and their quest for achieving flawless beauty standards is a never-ending series of trials and errors, this desire of dazzling white skin has made a billion-dollar market for brands which claim to make your skin fair and lovely, but research has proven that the chemicals targeted for skin whitening such as Hydroquinone which has been banned by several countries are harmful for our health.
- Sit in Vajrasana and then bend forward, interlocking your fingers and resting your folded arms on the ground.
- Form a triangle on the floor with your head and hands. Keep the crown of the head between the clasped fingers.
- Slowly balance your head on your fingers
- Lift the glutes and knees off the floor, maintaining them straight, and move your feet towards the trunk.
- Lift yourself off the floor, keeping your heels close to your buttocks, and bend your knees. Make sure the thighs are perpendicular to the floor as you straighten the hips gently.
- Maintain a straight line with your entire body while keeping your feet relaxed. Make sure to keep your knees and calves towards your face, it will increase blood circulation and the skin will benefit.
Sarvangasana is your one stop solution for achieving glowing, wrinkle free, acne free and bright skin, this yogasana aims at increasing blood circulation toward your face.
- Sleep on a Yoga mat on the floor, facing the ceiling.
- Lift your hips and legs softly, maintaining them straight.
- You can use your hands to support your back.
- Attempt to hold this posture for a few minutes.
- Return to the original stance slowly.
- Rep the procedure three or four times more.
3. Cobra Pose
Cobra pose is an extremely beneficial as it targets both your skin and body goals, it tones your tummy muscles and simultaneously helps in providing the face it’s essential glow.
- Lie down on your belly and position your palms near your head.
- Lift your head and chest by lengthening your arms as you exhale.
- Return to your original position while breathing.
- Repeat the method 8 to 10 times more.
4. Fish Pose
Fish pose is an extremely easy Yoga pose which can be performed by anyone be it a beginner or an expert, fish pose directs the blood flow towards head and neck area to supply oxygen and nutrients giving an ever-healthy glow.
- Sit down on the ground in padmasana.
- Now place your head on the floor while bending backwards slowly.
- Lift your chest upwards as you touch the ground with the top of your head.
- Try to remain in the pose as long as possible.
- Repeat this asana three to four time.
5. Lion Pose
Lion pose is an excellent exercise for a wrinkle free, glowing and toned face, apart from body muscles the facial muscles are also exercised through this asana.
- Kneel or sit in vajrasan, keeping your knees apart.
- Bend forward while keeping your palm on the ground in front of you.
- Keep your eyes open. Now, open your mouth, bring your tongue out, and take a deep inhale.
- Make a roaring sound or growl with your tongue while breathing.
- Keep your stomach, chest, and back muscles engaged.
- Relax and return to your previous position.
6. Ujjayi Pranayama
Apart from yoga pranayama or breathing exercises also help in skin brightening. Ujjayi pranayama flushes out toxins and relaxes mind and body.
- Sit in comfortable padmasana stance with your spine straight and eyes closed.
- Deeply inhale and exhale through both nostrils.
- Allow the air you breathe to brush against your throat.
- Inhale once more, then close your right nostril with your thumb and exhale through your left nostril.
- Begin with five Ujjayi Pranayama and gradually increase to ten.
7. Nadishodhan Pranayama
Nadishodhana Pranayama is another easy yet effective pranayama for a healthy glowing skin, it improves the blood circulation and oxygen supply hence benefitting the facial muscles.
- Sit in padmasana and take a deep breath.
- Put your left hand on your knees, thumb and index finger touching.
- Place the middle and index fingers of your right hand between your brows.
- Close your right nostril with your thumb and inhale through your left nose.
- Then, using your ring finger, close the left nostril and exhale through the right nostril.
- This should be done five to 10 times.
Humans are nature’s creation, and like every natural thing we are bestowed with the gift of beauty, so we should respect what we have and rely on natural resources and methods when it comes to beauty and yoga provides a way to reconnect with our true self, it provides a chance to naturally enhance and heal the gift we all have. A bright and glowing skin is not just a skin-deep phenomenon but it takes inner peace and harmony to shine, so do yoga and make your dream of a healthy skin come true.