Hope you are dining well and if not then we are here with a new, healthy and delicious meal. We will learn the subtle art of making Peanut Carrot Salad. Carrots always remind me of a joke, want to know? Well, how do you make gold soup? By putting 24 carrots into it. Funny, isn’t it?
Salads can serve as an excellent option for your snack cravings, they are loaded with the goodness of nutrients that are beneficial to your body and the best thing is they do not add to weight gain. The recipe we will be discussing today has all the potential of becoming your favorite. You just need to follow the recipe. The rest is up to us.
So, dear gourmets roll up your sleeves for the amazing recipe we are going to prepare today.
- Peanut – 2 tablespoon
- Carrot – 1 big bowl
- Sesame seeds- 3 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1 tablespoon
- Raisins- 2 tablespoons
- Black Salt – As per liking
- Coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Preparation Time – 10-20 Minutes
Cuisine- Vegan, Salad
Who said cooking can’t be easy? The peanut carrot salad we are making is a beginner-friendly recipe. It takes very little time and effort but delivers the best taste and satisfaction. Let’s learn how to make peanut salad at home.
- Roast peanuts and ground them in a mortar
- Roast cumin and ground them for an excellent aroma and crunch
- Peel and grate the carrots well
- Take a clean bowl and mix grated carrots and grounded peanuts
- Add the raisins for that sweet and sour flavor
- Sprinkle the cumin powder and black salt
- Garnish with the coriander leaves
- Add a dash of lemon
- The salad is ready to serve
Peanut Carrot Salad is a bowl filled with nutrient goodness; every ingredient used in this recipe has something in store for our wellbeing.
- Carrots are a great source of vitamin A which is excellent for our skin and vision. They help us maintain blood sugar levels and are great for bone health. Carrots are also good for boosting our immune system. They can help with constipation as well. Studies have shown that they might have anti cancer properties.
- The Freshly grounded cumin aids in digestion and helps in anemia. It also helps in weight loss and improves blood cholesterol.
- Peanuts are rich in protein, good fats and fiber. Peanuts help you maintain a healthy heart and make your brain sharper. They are also suitable for diabatic patients. Consuming them regularly reduces the risk of gall stone. Peanuts ensure smooth and glowing skin.
- Raisins improve bone strength, reduce blood pressure and blood sugar. They have anti-cancer properties and help in immunity boosting. Raisins are super awesome for gastrointestinal health. They limit the plaque-forming bacteria, hence are excellent for oral health.
So, you see, a peanut carrot salad can be a great replacement for your meals if you are targeting weight loss or an excellent snack when you experience sudden cravings. The recipe is very easy yet very beneficial which can satisfy both your health and tummy needs. Now that you have learned about the peanut salad benefits, give it a try, we are sure you will love it!
- 1 teaspoon – 5 ml
- 1 tablespoon – 15 ml
- Small bowl – 50 ml
- Medium bowl – 100 ml
- Large bowl – 200 ml
Chef Tip: You can make carrot noodles instead of grated carrots. You can substitute beets or red carrots for this recipe.