How have you been lately? Tried something new? If not, then how about some Palak Tofu? Most of you might like Palak Paneer and if it is so, then you will definitely love Palak Tofu.
Palak Tofu is an amazing blend of perfect spices and flavors which will leave you wanting for more, and there is no denying that spinach is one of the most nutritious green veggies out there, so without further ado, let’s learn the art of making this heavenly delicious concoction.
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Water – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Garlic – ¼ teaspoon (crushed)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ¼ teaspoon (grated)
- Green chili – ¼ teaspoon (finely chopped)
- Cayenne powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tofu – 200 grams
- Kasoori methi – 1 teaspoon
- Chlorophyll powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
Prep Time – 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
Palak Tofu tastes delicious when cooked with the right ingredients and spices, below are some easy instructions that can help you prepare a delicious and finger licking bowl of Palak Tofu.
- Wash spinach leaves thoroughly
- Take a blending jar
- Add some water and spinach to it
- Blend well the spinach
- Now, heat a pan
- Add cumin seeds and wait for them to splutter
- Now, add finely chopped onions and crushed garlic
- Sprinkle some salt over it
- Onions will start releasing water
- Sauté till they turn golden brown
- Now add tomatoes and some grated ginger
- Cook tomatoes till they turn soft and mushy
- You can add green chili as per your liking
- Now add spices, i.e. cayenne powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder
- Add a little water and cook with the spices
- Stir the ingredients well
- Cover with the lid and cook for a while
- Now add spinach blended puree and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Now comes the main ingredient Tofu
- Cover with the lid and sauté for a while
- Now add Kasturi methi, cashew mayonnaise for garnishing
- At last, add some chlorophyll powder
- Mix everything well
- Yummy Palak Tofu is ready to serve.
Like every other recipe we share in our blog, Palak Tofu is an extremely delicious and healthy meal option that you can cook very easily at home, the ingredients used to make it are nutrient rich hence apart from adding flavor they also add health benefits to your plate. Let’s discuss the benefits we are going to avail from Palak Tofu.
- Tofu – Tofu is rich in fiber hence keeps the colon healthy, being rich in proteins and low in calories it becomes an excellent food option. It can offer relief in certain symptoms of menopause, the Genistein present in it can prevent cancerous growths, it can also prevent age related mental delays.
- Spinach – Spinach is a superfood with loads of fibers, vitamin C, K, A and many more nutrients. Its high antioxidant ratio is apt for preventing oxidative damage and many chronic illnesses, it is ideal for eye health and vision, it defends the body against cancerous cells and at the same time it promotes healthy hair and glowing skin.
- Chlorophyll Powder – A known natural deodorizer and detoxifier, Chlorophyll works to improve overall digestion and gut health, known for its medical ability to help fight off infection. It also has anti-aging properties and can be used for acne treatment.
- Cayenne powder – It is excellent for heart health, improves vision and immune system. Cayenne is very rich in provitamin A, probiotics and vitamin C. It can protect against cellular damage and boost antioxidant defenses of the body. It also has life prolonging qualities.
Palak Tofu can make your boring meals super delicious; it can be taken with chapati or rice, hence a great option for lunch and dinner. It has a lot of health benefits and is easy to prepare, so next time impress your peers and pals with this interesting recipe and take all the credit.