How many of you have a sweet tooth? Well, for most of us, desserts are the best part of a meal. Keeping that in mind, we are here with a recipe that is perfect for your sweet tooth.
The recipe we are going to discuss today has a very special connection with winter, and if you are a GOT fan with a sweet tooth, then winter is coming means you have to stock up your pantry with chikkis.
The best thing about our chikki recipe is, (you might have guessed it already) it is loaded with nutrients and benefits you in several ways. Now let’s learn the subtle art of making nuts and khajoor chikki.
- Almonds – ½ cup (Chopped)
- Cashew – ½ cup (Chopped)
- Pistachio – ½ cup (Chopped)
- Walnuts – ½ cup (Chopped)
- Dates – 1 cup (Seedless)
- Desi Ghee – ½ teaspoon (optional)
Preparation time – 30-45 minutes
Cooking is not rocket science but an art that needs a little effort and a little love. The Nuts and Khajoor Chikki is a very easy preparation. Few easy instructions and you can stock up on your favorite winter snack.
- Heat a pan, and add some desi ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot enough add all the dry fruits i.e., almonds, cashews, pistachios, and walnuts for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir constantly till nuts turn aromatic
- Leave the roasted nuts for cooling.
- You can also opt for dry roasting.
- Now chop down the dates into small pieces
- Heat a pan and roast the dates to soften them, they will melt down to form a dough.
- Mix all the roasted nuts in the date mixture
- Now make a roll from the dough
- Place the roll in butter paper and refrigerate it for an hour
- Once refrigerated, cut the roll into round chikkis
- That’s it, Your chikki is ready to enjoy
Here we have reached the best part. Apart from taste, the one thing that really matters is, the food you are eating is doing more than just filling your stomach. It should give you nutrition. Yuvaap is all about mindful eating, and how we can spare desserts from our scrutiny. We have tried to incorporate as much nutrition as we can, in this small delicious chikkis. Here’s the list of benefits.
- Pistachios: Pistochios are loaded with vitamin B6 which is great for blood sugar regulation. It is rich in antioxidants which prevents the cell damage. It is low in calories but high in proteins. Protein in fibers which is also great for gu bacteria. It is also aids in lowering bad cholesterol level and blood pressure which is great for heart disease.
- Almonds – Almonds can help in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) and increasing good cholesterol (HDL). Almonds have enough calcium and potassium to support your bone health. They can also help in keeping your gut healthy. Which means a healthy body and a great immune system. The high content of vitamin E in them helps in fighting free radicals.
- Cashews – These kidney-shaped nuts are packed with nutrients. They are not only rich in essential fatty acids but also packed with vitamins E and K. Cashews are loaded with antioxidants that protect our hearts. They are a great source of copper, which not only provides energy to the body but is also great for the immune system and the healthy development of the brain. It helps in lowering the triglycerides and bad cholesterol levels in the body, further improving our cardiac health.
- Dates – Dates contain vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, A1, and C. You don’t need vitamin supplements if you consume a few dates daily. Dates are a great source of bone-friendly minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. They also contain a low Glycaemic Index and a lower fructose content than most other sweeteners. In addition, dates comprise magnesium, which helps to enlarge blood vessels and conserve healthy blood pressure.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fats, along with high amounts of copper, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin hence have several health benefits associated with them. Walnuts can help you sleep better, lower your blood pressure, increase memory and cognitive skills, help in controlling diabetes, and reduce the risk of cancer too. The good thing is they can boost your weight loss journey as they give a sense of satiety.
So, give yourself a healthy and nutty treat of delicious chikki. The best thing is, it can be prepared easily in the comfort of your home.
It is advisable to lightly roast all the nuts and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting them into bite-sized pieces. You can have these chikkis as snacks while travelling or working.