How are you doing? There is no doubt life has its ups and downs, at times you can hit a rough patch and you have to deal with it yourselves. We can’t do much in that case, but we can suggest you a great smoothie to please your mood.
Today we will reveal here the secrets of lettuce smoothie, which like all other dishes we prepare here at Yuvaap is going to be super yummy and nutritious, so without any delay let’s get started.
- Lettuce – 1 large bowl (200 ml)
- Amla – 2 -3 berries
- Flax Seeds – 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- Black Salt – 1 teaspoon (5 ml)
- Water – According to desirable consistency
Preparation Time – 10-15 minutes
Making a lettuce smoothie is easier than taking candy from a baby, which is not a very good thing to do. Don’t worry, even if you scarcely visit the sacred place called kitchen, you will be a champion smoothie maker if you follow these few instructions.
- Take a blending jar
- Add all the ingredients i.e., lettuce, amla, flax seeds, black salt and lemon juice
- Add water according to desired consistency
- Let the blender do its job
- Your smoothie is ready to savor
Tasty and healthy are the two words that define Yuvaap recipes and if you mistakenly thought lettuce smoothie will lack these characteristics then you are wrong senor, let’s discuss the benefits of this amazing lettuce smoothie considering each ingredient used in it.
- Lettuce – Lettuce is a great source of several nutrients, it has ample amounts of vitamin K to strengthen your bones, it has vitamin A which is crucial for eye health, lettuce helps in improving vision, and it has great hydrating properties too. Like all other green leafy vegetables, it helps fight inflammation and diseases like diabetes and cancer. The fiber in lettuce promotes digestion and the lactucin present in lettuce helps in treating insomnia.
- Flax seeds – Flax seeds fall under the category of super-seeds. It has great amounts of protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seeds are very rich in thiamine, which is important for energy metabolism and cell functions. The copper present in flax seeds is great for brain development, immune health and iron metabolism. It may help in lowering cholesterol levels. It also helps in weight management.
- Amla – Amla is great for immune function, it enhances liver health. It is quite beneficial for both hair and skin health. Amla juice is recommended for healthy digestion and it has also shown improvement in kidney health.
One smoothie is enough to give you that power and mood boost and it is extremely easy to prepare and trust me, no one is going to judge your culinary skills, so what are you waiting for? Prepare yourself a glass of lettuce smoothie and chill down.
- 1 teaspoon – 5 ml
- 1 tablespoon – 15 ml
- Small bowl – 50 ml
- Medium bowl – 100 ml
- Large bowl – 200 ml
Chef Tip: You can also substitute water with coconut milk while blending the smoothie for a creamier texture.