Want to start your morning in a healthy way? Ask no more because our lettuce and banana smoothie are enough to give you a much-needed punch of nutrients. This smoothie might not give you the powers of a superhero, but it can definitely supply you with the energy required to accomplish your daily tasks.
The sweet and soft bananas combined with the colorful and nutritious lettuce make a deadly combo that is pretty much irresistible. So, without beating around the bush, let’s get straight to the preparation part so that you can try it out yourselves.
- Lettuce – 2 cups (washed)
- Banana – 1 (chopped)
- Flax seeds – 1 tablespoon (soaked)
- Water – ¼ cup
Preparation time – 5-6 minutes
Smoothies are a naive cook’s paradise as they require very little preparation and taste amazing. Let’s learn the easy process of making our beloved smoothie.
- First, wash the lettuce well.
- Chop down the banana
- Now, take a blending jar
- To that blending jar, add lettuce and banana
- For a nutritional punch, add soaked flax seeds
- Now add water and blend
- Blend until the consistency becomes uniform
- Pour down the smoothie into your favorite bowl
- You can top it up with banana pieces
- Don’t forget to sprinkle some flax seeds
- What are you waiting for? Slurp down the smoothie
- Bon Appetit!
- Lettuce: Lettuce is a great source of several nutrients, it contains ample amounts of vitamin K to strengthen your bones, and it is vitamin A, which is crucial for eye health, lettuce helps in improving vision, and has great hydrating properties too. Like all other green leafy vegetables, it helps fight inflammation and diseases like diabetes and cancer. The fiber in lettuce promotes digestion and the lactucin present in lettuce helps in treating insomnia.
- Bananas: Bananas are rich in several antioxidants and fibers apart from other nutrients, they have no protein or fat. Bananas also keep you full by slowing digestion. Unripe bananas can also improve insulin insensitivity. The high amount of magnesium and the low amount of calcium makes them perfect for heart health. Bananas also help in fighting gas and water retention.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds fall under the category of super-seeds. It has great amounts of protein, fiber, and Omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seeds are very rich in thiamine, which is important for energy metabolism and cell functions. The copper present in flax seeds is great for brain development, immune health, and iron metabolism. It may help in lowering cholesterol levels. It also helps in weight management.
So, that was a quick and simple recipe to energize your mornings. Try it out yourself and tell us more about it in the comments.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds overnight or for 3–4 hours, and then use it. It helps boost your immunity and improves your overall health.