If you have never ever stepped into a gym, then it could turn out to be a scary place for you. You might ponder over questions like what machines are, how everybody uses them, are people looking at me?
Also, it is advisable to get your health requirements checked by a physician before joining the gym. For instance: any ongoing medical treatment, severe heart condition, or major operation needs a certificate from the physician before you start with a full-body workout.
Now, consider this weekly Gym Workout for beginners to bodybuilding, muscle gain, and bodyweight exercise.
Warming Up: Old or new, one must start warming up exercises in a gym. Warm-ups are essential for the body to exercise extensively, helping loosen the muscles while reducing the risk of injury. You can do Jump pulses, Windmill, Lunge overhead reach, Inchworm, and Mountain climbers for 5 minutes every day before starting the core workout.
Gym Workout Routine Week One
1. 10 Minutes Cardio: A ten-minute exercise on the treadmill to get your heart rate running while mobilizing your joint muscles is a good start for a body transformation workout.
2. Resistance Training: Don’t try to show off strength by lifting heavy weights instantly. This could injure your body. Start with light weights, repeat the ten reps and wait for 60 seconds before you repeat the rep. The resistance training workout could be a blend of:
- Dumbbell lunges
- Lat pull-down
- Cable chest fly
- Dumbbell shoulder press
3. HIIT Cardio Circuit – High-Intensity Interval Training includes intervals of training consisting of a brief period of rest while putting the maximum effort during the burst of exercises. To name a few:
- Ten press-ups
- Ten sit-ups
- Ten burpees
4. Stretching and cooling down
Stretching and cooling down are essential as part of a workout plan as it helps relax the muscles and avoid cramps and injury. It could feel similar to a gentle walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes.
Gym Workout Routine Week Two
Divide the accessible fat loss workout into upper and lower body exercises.
Upper Body Exercises
- Pushups: Align your hips to the ground by placing your knees and making sure your back isn’t curved. Lean forward with your arms once you are balanced. Repeat this ten times without taking extensive breaks.
2. Shoulder Press: Hold a dumbbell in your hands with an overhead grip. Keep the elbows at 90 degrees and push them over your head as you finish the biceps rep. It helps in maintaining your shoulder muscles, triceps, and core.
3. Single-Arm Dumbbell Row: The single-arm dumbbell row workout best targets your back, triceps, and shoulder. It further improves your core stability while ensuring the smooth functioning of five muscle joints exercise. As a beginner, start with light weights and build your muscle strength. You can also ask your trainer to make it a part of your circuit training session.
Lower Body Exercises
1. Split Squat Lunge: Lunge is all about placing one foot in front of the other at a distance of three feet, keeping toes in the same direction. Keep your shoulders back and chest up. Push through your front heel and straighten your back leg to reach out to the start position. Repeat this ten times and don’t move forward. Maintain a proud chest and consider this like 15 min easy fat-burning workout.
2. Glutes Bridges: Lie down on the floor mat with your feet flat and knees bent. Lift your hips and squeeze the glutes as you form the bridge position. Try to hold the position for one to ten seconds and then lower down on the floor. Repeat it 10 to 20 times, keeping your hips level balanced.
3. Step-Ups: If you have a ledge or big box, then you can easily place one foot and rise. Keep repeating this until you feel a bit tired and rest for 20 seconds between the next rounds. It helps in keeping your body balanced and pumps up the leg muscles.
Gym Workout Routine Week Three
Push/ Pull/ Legs is considered one of the most effective bodyweight workout training plans for everyone, starting from those who are picking up their first barbell to accustomed Gym Workout for Beginners by professionals.
Push workouts include the triceps, shoulders, and chest. Pull activities include biceps and back exercises and leg workouts are all about hamstrings, calves, and quads. Combining these three ensures fitness schedules for beginners as it emphasizes multiple joint compound workouts than isolated body workouts. When a person moves numerous muscles while performing these exercises, it provides growth progression by repeating reps and lifting weights.
|Exercises||Sets and Reps|
|Barbells Curls||2 x 10 – 10 reps|
|Deadlifts||2 x 4 – 6 reps|
|Bent-Over Rows||2 x 10 – 10 reps|
|Close-Grip Chin-Ups||2 x 12 – 10 reps|
|Wide-Grip Cable Row||2 x 12 – 10 reps|
|Exercises||Sets and Reps|
|Cable Pushdowns||2 x 10 – 15 reps|
|Flat Barbell Bench Press||2 x 8 – 12 reps|
|Standing Military Press||2 x 6 – 8 reps|
|Narrow Grip Dips||2 x 12 – 10 reps|
|Incline Dumbbell Press||3 x 10- 2 reps|
|Wide-Grip Upright Rows||3 x 12- 15 reps|
|Exercises||Sets and Reps|
|Leg Extensions||3 x 15-20 reps|
|Leg Press||4 x 6-8 reps|
|Squats||3 x 10-12 reps|
|Dumbbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift||4 x 12-15 reps|
If you have noticed in the Gym Workout for Beginners, there are fewer isolated compound exercises. The workout plan for beginners mainly focuses on the old school mentality of the experts for the mass movements of muscles, including the exercises like deadlifts, standing military press, and squats. This usually happens because of these two primary reasons:
1. It gives beginners an astounding foundation of strength and muscle training while imparting the knowledge on basic lifting weight techniques rather completely depending on the machines.
2. It works with large muscle groups at once, focusing on overall core muscles, which are not so often considered by beginners but are essential to handle heavy weight lifting training as the beginner progresses towards the second level
Gym Workout Routine Week Four
In week four, the whole week of Gym Workout for Beginners must include one hardcore exercise from the previous weeks. This ensures an excellent muscle-building response without affecting the recovery of muscles by not forcing them to do heavy weight lifting training. The body workouts are a great way to ensure all muscles are working smoothly in a group.
Also, the fitness schedule for beginners must focus on workout training for health and aesthetic reasons rather than preparing oneself to compete in strength sports events. The trainers usually don’t suggest heavy weight lifting because lightweight training with more reps proves to be more beneficial and lasts longer in improving muscle strength.
Beginners Full Body Workout Plan one:
|Barbell Back Squats||Four sets of 8 – 12|
|Bench Press (Dumbbell or Barbell)||4 sets of 8 – 12|
|Dumbbell Single-Arm Row||5 sets of 8 – 12|
|Overhead Press (Seated or Standing, Dumbbell or Barbell)||5 sets of 8 – 12|
|Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups (use assistance if necessary – machine or bands)||4 sets of 8 – 12|
Beginners Full Body Workout Plan Two:
|Romanian Deadlift||5 sets of 8 – 12|
|Barbell Bent-Over Row||4 sets of 8 – 12|
|Dumbbell Walking Lunges (or Barbell Reverse Lunges)||3 sets of 8 – 12|
|Lat Pulldown||4 sets of 8 – 12|
|Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell or Barbell)||5 sets of 8 – 12|
• It is advisable to start your Gym Workout for Beginners with lightweight exercises and gradually increase the weights training before you become a fitness expert.
• If you are not concerned, about weight, you can focus on building muscles, and if you want to lose fat you would rather focus on calorie intake than losing weight. The combination of gym exercises and diet plans is essential for effective weight loss while building and maintaining muscle strength.
• A combination of weekly exercises can help you in strengthening muscles and can result in moving you from beginner to intermediate training plan where you can utilize the benefits of Reverse Pyramid Training. It mainly starts with lifting the heavyweights first then moving to less bulky weights on your subsequent sets. Every set seems to be climbing a mountain but once you make up your mind it becomes easier to lift weights while losing fats.
• Keep track of the exercises you do and examine your performance every week. No matter how small that weight loss looks like it is still again when you lose even an inch.
• Try to enhance your reps every week and examine your endurance power. You will soon notice you have come a long way!