There are two types of people. First, those who work out, and second, those who think they will work out. If you belong to the second category then you are in the right place.
Working out is no longer a choice. It has become a necessity, especially for those who lead a sedentary lifestyle. In this article, we will discuss the ways one can start his workout journey. Those who have never set foot in the arena of work-out, don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Why should you work out?
Working out is a way of transforming our lives, you might have heard.
“Life is a question and how we live it is our answer” so to give meaning or answer to your life you should make it splendid. Working out is the best way to enhance the quality of life. Below are some benefits of working out:
- Health is wealth, and workouts are the key to a healthy body.
- Helps us maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduces the risks of various chronic and heart diseases.
- Ensures a healthy and sharp mind
- Substantially reduces the process of aging
- Workout routines build habits of punctuality and discipline.
- Gives us physical and mental toughness
- During workouts, certain chemicals are released that uplift your mood.
- Promotes better sleep
- Ensures good skin and hair.
The list is endless but our point might be clear to you, Do Workout!!!!
How to begin?
Dear procrastinators, if you have decided to work out from next week or month, then it’s not happening, we want you to work out from tomorrow or today, if possible, the earlier you begin, the better it is.
Since you are a complete beginner, there is no need to take the pressure. Working out is fun. You can gradually increase your time and difficulty levels. All you need to do right now is, to start with simple workouts, 10-15 minutes a day. Yes! It is easy, we told you so.
Workout Routine for Beginners
Beginners can start working out at home. There are plenty of videos and apps to help you. We are suggesting you some exercises you can include in your workout routine. No equipment is needed to perform the exercises at home.
1. Planks – Nothing can make you understand relativity better than planks. Planks are an extremely effective core exercise; what could be better than a strong core.
How to do-
The plank position includes facing down with your forearms and toes on the floor. Your elbows are directly under your shoulders and your forearms are facing forward. Your head is relaxed and you should be looking at the floor.
Try to engage your abdominal muscles; i.e., draw your navel toward the spine, try to hold this position a bit, and then gradually increase your plank duration.
2. Bridges – Bridges are beginner-friendly and efficient exercises, performing bridges is good for your glutes and core strength.
How to do-
Lie on your back. Your arms should be on your side. Now raise your hips, making a straight line from your shoulder to your knees. Tighten your buttocks and abdominal muscles. Try to hold this position for as long as you can.
3. Skipping – Skipping can be a very good warm-up exercise. Gets your blood pumping with a little bit of exercise? Skipping has a good name in cardio exercises. Skipping rope helps in burning calories faster; it strengthens your leg muscles.
How to Do-
Hold both rope handles in one hand and swing the rope to develop a feel for the rhythm. Now jump with the rope.
4. Wall Squats – Also known as the Devil’s Chair wall squats are extremely beneficial. It works on the muscles to the front of your thighs. It builds strength and endurance in the legs and glutes.
How to Do-
Your back should be flat against the wall and your heels should be on the ground. You should be making a right angle between your hips and your knees.
5. Knee Push-ups- Push-ups can be hard at first, but knee push-ups are modified push-ups, and a lot easier to do. Knee Push-ups are excellent upper body exercises. Knee push-ups are excellent for upper body strength and pave the way forward for more complex exercises.
How to do –
Kneel on the floor with your arms at the front. Now bend your arms and try to touch the floor with your chest. Put your torso back and straighten your arms; repeat this cycle over and over.
Tips For beginners
- Start with an easy exercise.
- Trust the process
- Try to gradually increase your level and time
- You can plan 20 minutes of work out five times a week.
- Set realistic goals
- Try to maintain a healthy diet
- Stay Hydrated
- No procrastination
- Consistency is the key
- Be careful, avoid burnout or injury
- Warm-ups and cool ups shouldn’t be skipped
Music to Make Your Workout Better
Music is nothing less than magic. The right music can uplift your mood instantly. Music has a way of making things better and the same applies to workout sessions; adding music to your workout sessions can make them interesting and fun.
Plenty of workout playlists are available on various music platforms. You can make your own playlist by selecting the songs which motivate you, or the songs which make you feel good about yourself.
These are some tips to get you started, but again, motivation comes from within. As we discussed earlier, how important it is to work out, and trust me, your life doesn’t want you to skip the good part, so gift yourself the commitment of working out. It’s you who matters, and only you can take care of yourself.