Allergies can be a real nuisance, causing symptoms such as sneezing, itchy eyes, and a runny nose. While there are over-the-counter medications available for allergy relief, It is better to seek out natural remedies for allergies. In this article, we’ll explore some natural home remedies for allergies that are based on a holistic approach.
Nose itching home remedies
If you’re experiencing nose itching due to allergies, you may find relief from the following home remedies:
- Saline nasal rinse: This involves flushing out your nasal passages with a saltwater solution. It can help clear out irritants and allergens that may be causing your nose to itch.
- Steam inhalation: Inhaling steam can help soothe nasal passages and alleviate itching. You can try adding essential oils such as eucalyptus or peppermint for added benefits.
- Cold compress: Applying a cold compress to your nose may help reduce inflammation and itching.
Home Remedies For Allergic Cold
An allergic cold can be caused by seasonal allergies or exposure to irritants such as smoke or pollution. Here are some home remedies that may help alleviate symptoms:
- Ginger tea: Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and can help relieve nasal congestion and cough. Steep fresh ginger in boiling water for several minutes and drink it as tea.
- Honey: Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and can help soothe a sore throat. You can add it to your tea or eat it on its own.
- Steam inhalation: As mentioned earlier, inhaling steam can help alleviate nasal congestion and soothe your throat.
Home Remedy For Food Allergy
Food allergies can be challenging to deal with, as they can cause severe reactions. However, there are some natural remedies you can try. Food allergy home remedies include the elimination and inclusion of foods based on the allergy. Below are some foods with natural antihistamine properties that can help you in keeping allergies at bay.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are good bacteria that live in your gut and can help improve your immune system. They may also help reduce the severity of food allergy symptoms.
- Quercetin: This is a natural compound found in some fruits and vegetables, such as apples and onions. It has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce allergy symptoms.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These healthy fats can help reduce inflammation and improve your immune system.
Skin Allergies Home Remedy
Skin allergies are often characterized by itching and sores, the symptoms can be from mild to severe. The following home remedies can help you in soothing the skin and imparting its anti- inflammatory properties.
- Oatmeal baths: Oatmeal is known for its soothing properties and can help relieve itching and irritation caused by skin allergies. Simply add a cup of oatmeal to a warm bath and soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce redness and itching associated with skin allergies. Apply fresh aloe vera gel directly to the affected area.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe dry and irritated skin. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to the affected area.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help alleviate itching and reduce redness. Dilute apple cider vinegar with equal parts water and apply to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce itching and inflammation associated with skin allergies. Dilute tea tree oil with carrier oil, such as coconut or almond oil, and apply to the affected area.
Dust allergy treatment at home
Dust allergies can be a real challenge, especially if you’re allergic to dust mites. Here are some natural treatments you can try at home:
- Wash your bedding regularly in hot water to kill dust mites.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to remove dust and allergens from carpets and furniture.
- Dust regularly with a damp cloth to prevent dust from becoming airborne.
Allergies Home remedies
In addition to the remedies already mentioned, here are some more home remedies for allergies:
- Apple cider vinegar: This can help reduce inflammation and boost your immune system. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water and drink it.
- Turmeric: This spice has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce allergy symptoms. You can add it to your food or take it as a supplement.
- Neti pot: This is a device used to flush out your nasal passages with a saline solution. It can help alleviate congestion and other allergy symptoms.
Allergies are rising worldwide, and at such times it is important to make our immune system prepared for upcoming adversities. Natural home remedies for allergies can be a much – needed holistic approach to dealing with allergies. Again natural remedies can vary in terms of effectiveness so it is better to try and test them beforehand.