Ever dreamed of a chiselled jaw line, high cheek bones and sculpted face muscles? We all do think about it, but the question is, are these goals achievable? The answer is a big yes; you can get rid of that double chin and the extra fat on your face if you want to and that too with some simple facial exercises to reduce face fat.
The thing worth remembering is, there are no definite measures of beauty, feeling confident and comfortable with oneself is the highest standard of beauty so if you ever feel under confident about your looks then you need to resolve that issue first. Sculpting and toning your facial muscles is like enhancing the features you already have. so
Let’s learn some facial exercises to reduce face fat:
1. Chin lock
Benefits – Extremely helpful in toning and shaping the muscles around your jaw line, also helpful in getting rid of the double chin.
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Take a deep breath
- Place your hands on your knees
- Raise your sternum(breast bone) toward your chin
- Move your head in forward and backward direction
- Hold this position for a while
2. Fish Face
Benefits – Fish face is a great exercise for a chiselled jaw line, wrinkle free nasolabial folds; this can be also beneficial in reducing the laugh- lines. Fish face is also beneficial for toned up cheek muscles.
- Suck your cheeks and lips inward like a fish
- Hold on to this position
- Try to smile
- Repeat this exercise 5-10 times
3. Mouthwash Technique
Benefits- This exercise helps immensely in strengthening and toning up the cheek muscles, it can be helpful in getting rid of the double chin.
- Fill your mouth with air
- Transfer the air from one side to another
- Pretend you are using a mouthwash
- Do the exercise for a while
- Relax and repeat
4. Chin Lift
Benefits– Effective in reducing cheek fat helps in getting rid of the double chin. The exercise is also beneficial in toning up the neck muscles.
- Pull your chin upwards flexing your jaw muscles
- clench till you feel the tension in your jaws
- The movement increases the blood circulation
- Repeat this 10-15 times in one set.
5. Tongue Rolling
Benefits – This exercise is a good way of stimulating facial muscles; it helps in shaping up the jaw and upper lips and hence gives a slimmer look to the face.
- Keep your face straight
- Roll your tongue
- Stretch it as much as possible
- Try to move your tongue towards your nose
- Repeat this 15-20 times for getting good results
Tips for getting rid of Facial Fat
Apart from facial exercises there are certain other things and changes you can include in your life style to get rid of the facial fat, complementing your facial exercises with these healthy habits can help you in a greater extent in realising your dreams.
- Apart from facial exercises do whole body workout five times a week or more, it will increase your metabolism rate ultimately helping in shedding extra fat.
- Posture plays a very important role in your overall appearance; bad posture can lead to accumulation of face fat around your chin area while good posture can aid in toning up the facial muscles.
- A good night’s sleep is crucial for a healthy and younger looking skin, adequate sleep in right posture can be very beneficial for depuffing your facial muscle. It is advisable to sleep on your back to avoid puffiness and water retention.
- A healthy and low-fat diet is most important thing to take care of, eating healthy meals makes your skin healthy and glowing and cutting on those extra calories can aid in trimming and toning up of your face.
- Chewing gums can be a great way of exercising your face muscles, chewing gums make your face and neck muscles strong and flexible, try to choose sugar free gums as you don’t want to add extra calories.
- Smiling can be a really great way of exercising your face muscles, it also helps in getting rid of double chin, so smile and be happy.
- Drink plenty of water, beauty gurus swear by water as their secret of healthy and glowing skin so try to drink at least eight glasses of water a day for maximum benefits.
A beautiful chiseled face is all we want; we spend tons of money on chemicals and cosmetics to attain a toned and wrinkle free skin however a slimmer and toned face is achievable by incorporating some facial exercises along with a healthy and skin friendly routine.
Remedies work only when we are consistent with them, it is not like your face will change overnight, you have to be very consistent and patient with facial exercises to reduce face fat, most people give up early assuming the exercises to be futile but this is not the case you need at least two to three months to see visible results, so work hard and be patient and wait for the good results.