Ageing is a graceful process, with age we gain more experience and knowledge but the ardent desire of human race to look younger will never perish, deep down all of us desire if we could look younger than our age, so you see a younger looking skin is not a strange obsession and luckily enough we have solutions to achieve our vision.
You might have heard about surgeries, chemicals, fillers, Botox etc. to get a younger looking skin and you might be well aware of their high cost and detrimental side effects, but how about a method that is absolutely free, easily accessible and causes no side- effects? Well, the phenomenal solution we are talking about is Facial Yoga or should I say anti-aging yoga asanas are your answer for a younger looking skin.
How Aging Affects Our Skin?
There are various factors that affect our skin, such as sun, weather pollution etc and with aging our skin start showing signs which can appear in the form of wrinkles, pigmentation, loss of elasticity, sunken eyes and much more. As we age the collagen production in our body decreases and due to which skin loses its elasticity and becomes loose.
How Facial Yoga Helps You?
Anti-aging face massage and movements that stimulate the muscles, skin, and lymphatic system are part of face yoga. This method is intended to soften and relax your facial muscles in order to relieve tension and stress. Face yoga helps to raise and firm the muscles beneath the skin, reducing lines and wrinkles. Massage stimulates circulation, improves lymphatic drainage, and relieves tension. All these factors work together giving you a wrinkle free, smooth and glowing skin.
5 Best Facial Yoga For Anti Aging
Let’s have a look at five best facial yoga for anti aging that can help you immensely.
1. Forehead smoother
Forehead smoother is one of the best anti-wrinkle face exercises. Lifting brows, flattening forehead creases, preventing eyelid droop, and relaxing tension are all benefits of this treatment.
- Place both hands’ index and middle fingers along the hairline of your head.
- Slide your fingers down towards your brows, pressing down hard on the length of those fingers.
- Raise your eyebrows at the same time.
- While taking a deep breath, hold for 10 seconds.
- Do this three times, with the third one lasting 20 seconds.
2. Natural neck lift
Tension in neck muscles, drooping jaw and neck fat are some common problems associated with aging, but we can always rely on yoga to keep young and glowing skin. Natural neck lift improves the appearance of a drooping neck and jaw when done on a regular basis.
- Simply tilt your head back softly to feel a stretch in your neck,
- Then blow out your lower lip to intensify the strain.
- Stroke down to your collarbone with your fingertips on either side of your neck.
3. Lower eyelid firmer
While talking about look younger exercises we should not forget Lower eyelid firmer, our lower lid area is thin and sensitive and the signs of aging are first visible here. This exercise helps in firming and lifting the lower lid area.
- Put middle fingers of both your hands on the inner corner of your eyes, while both hand’s index fingers should be on the outer corner.
- Feel the muscles under your fingertips tighten as you squint with your lower eyelids.
- Repeat this ten times with your upper eyelids open.
- Keep the final squint for a total of 20 seconds.
- Once again, repeat the session.
4. Cheek sculptor
Anti-aging yoga can also help you in sculpting your cheeks and giving them a lifted and fuller look, Cheek sculptor is an excellent facial yoga exercise to help you out with drooping and thinning theek muscles.
- Place your index and middle fingers close to the bottom of your face.
- Glide your fingers up the face, stopping at the nose with the index fingers moving along the smile lines.
- The middle fingers are then moved up the cheeks the rest of the way.
- As the fingers travel up the face, they form a V shape.
- One minute later, repeat.
5. Natural lip plumper
Fuller and plump lips enhance your appearance like nothing else, you might have heard celebs doing surgery to achieve the same but why go for surgery when we can exercise? If you practise this easy technique five times a day, you can eliminate wrinkles in the corner of your mouth.
- Simply sit down, lean back in your chair, and purse your lips hard.
- Before leaving the posture, push forward and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise three to four times.
Owing to the pollution and sun damage we are becoming prone to premature aging and at such times it is crucial to take care of our skin but skincare doesn’t always have to be expensive. Plenty of home-based anti-aging remedies are there to help you out. Making healthy lifestyle changes, including anti-aging foods like nuts, papaya, oranges, broccoli in your diet are some little yet effective things you can do. On top of that there is anti-aging yoga at your disposal which can rejuvenate your skin and give you your lost elasticity and hidden glow. So, what’s the harm in adopting these exercises in your routine?
But before you become over- obsessive with the desire of looking younger and regard aging as negative aspect of life then you must read this quote by Sophia Loren
“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”