“Young and Beautiful” these two words carry such a charm that people would do anything to look younger and beautiful. However, the definition of young and beautiful is subjective; if you are someone referring to physical beauty and youth then you are at the right place.
Yoga has become the new synonym for healthy and fit, people have relied on yoga for accomplishing their fitness goals, mental clarity, calmness, and many such benefits but do you know yoga can be a perfect alternative for expensive Botox fillers, surgeries, and medications people take to look younger. The best thing about yoga is, that you don’t have to suffer any side effects. Let’s discuss some quick yet effective facial exercises to look younger and healthy skin.
Points to consider
Before you start practicing facial exercises to look younger, there are some things you need to consider
- Always wash your face and hands before performing face yoga.
- Don’t touch your face unnecessarily.
- Use a serum or moisturizer to avoid dragging or pulling your skin.
- Don’t be harsh on your facial skin; your moves should be gentle.
- The skin around the eyes is very thin, exercise extra caution around the eye area.
Best Facial Exercises to Young-Looking Skin
Before we discuss the best exercise to make your skin look younger and plumper it is important to know that the effects will be seen only if you are consistent with the exercises, it may take a month or two to witness changes. Facial yoga can help by increasing blood circulation to your face, it can help in thickening the muscles and plumping up the skin. Below are the best face yoga exercises that can help you rejuvenate the skin.
Before every workout, warm-up is the most crucial step as it ensures the muscles are activated for the upcoming exercises, similarly face yoga also requires a warm-up session to get that blood pumping.
- For warm-up clench your fist
- Use both fists in massaging your lower back in a circular motion
- Repeat the movement ten times clockwise and ten times anticlockwise
- Now do the same in the area below your collar bone i.e. chest
- Be gentle while performing the circular massage.
- Repeat the motion ten times clockwise and ten times anticlockwise.
2- Lymphatic Drainage
In order to get healthy younger-looking skin, it is important to remove toxins and wastes from the body and lymphatic drainage helps in achieving that.
- This is a dry massage so make sure you are not wearing any cream or serum.
- Make sure your movements are gentle
- Place your finger pads on your neck and glide your hands up towards the chin
- Now start from the middle of your face and work up toward your ears
- Repeat ten to twenty strokes
- You can use Guasha or Jade rollers for the same
3- Kiss And Smile
This is the most popular yet easy face exercise; it is highly beneficial in sculpting your jaw line and gives firmness to your jaw muscles.
- Hold your lips in a pout
- Push your lips forward as much as you can
- Now Smile broadly
- Repeat this at least fifteen times
- Release the pout and relax
4- Puffing Cheeks
Who thought a thing as simple as puffing your cheeks can help you immensely in plumping up your cheeks? It can help in fading the wrinkles around the corner of your lips and preventing the cheeks from looking hollow.
- Inhale through mouth
- Distend the breath from cheek to cheek
- Repeat this process several times
5- Lifting Eyebrows
The forehead is the most vulnerable part to wrinkles, toning forehead muscles can help in minimizing the signs of aging, and lifting the eyebrows can help fade the forehead wrinkles and firm up the muscles around the eye area.
- Place your index finger an inch above your eyebrows
- Try to lift the eyebrows upwards
- Press downwards with your fingers creating a tension
- Repeat the exercise 10-12 times
6- The V
This exercise is extremely helpful in flushing out toxins, toning up the face, and fading out the wrinkles.
- Cross both your arms making a V
- Inhale through your nose
- Lift your arms, and look at the ceiling at a 45-degree angle
- Now pout your lips toward the ceiling and exhale
- Bring your hands back
- Repeat the exercise 10 times
7- The Bird Face
This exercise works wonder on the face and neck. This single exercise helps in multiple things like strengthening nose muscles, reducing neck fat, and minimizing puffiness around the eyes.
- Take your middle or index finger; place them on the side of nostrils
- While inhaling through your nose, tilt your head back
- Look up the ceilings
- Close your nostrils with your fingers
- Come back to the initial position while exhaling
- Repeat the exercise for 7 times
8- Forehead Smoother
This exercise works as anti-aging yoga for the forehead. It helps in smoothening the fine lines in your forehead and frown lines between your brows. This is totally a go-to exercise.
- Make a fist
- Place the knuckles of your middle fingers in the center of your forehead
- Slide your fists to each side of the forehead ending with moderate pressure
- Repeat this exercise 6 times
Younger-looking healthy skin is a dream come true; most people rely on expensive botox fillers and surgery for acquiring a younger looking skin, but there are tons of side effects associated with these procedures. Yoga, however, can give you the same results if you maintain consistency and caution.
Also, there is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness, if you are happy and content from the inside it reflects on your face and yoga definitely helps you in calming your mind and bringing joy to your life, so try out these facial yoga exercises and feel the change it brings.