What’s going on? Who doesn’t like spice and drama? And can we spare our food from this? No, definitely not. That’s why we have different kinds of chutneys to add that extra spicy twist to our simple meals.
Today’s recipe is also a spicy delight. We are going to blend the spice of chillies, crunch of peanuts and the tenderness of coconuts to deliver a dish that can make your tastebuds go crazy. This chutney can be paired with so many dishes, from Vada Pav to Aloo Bonda. It has a great bonding with most of the street foods. So, without further ado, let’s get started with the recipe.
- Cold pressed coconut oil – ½ teaspoon
- Peanuts – ½ cup
- Garlic – 8 pods (cut in halves)
- Red chili (boria) – 4-5 pieces
- Coconut – ½ cup (grated)
- White sesame – 1 teaspoon
Preparation time – 10-12 minutes
Making dry garlic chutney is one of the easiest tasks to to. You just need some roasting and blending action and your garlic chutney will be ready.
- Heat a pan, add cold pressed coconut oil, once the pan is hot enough, add peanuts. Roast the peanuts well until they turn brown and then keep them aside.
- Now roast the garlic pods, which should be sliced into halves. Once roasted, keep them aside.
- Take boria or round red chilli and roast them well, once done, keep them aside as well.
- Finally, grate a dry coconut and roast it well. And here our roasting business is done.
- Now take a blending jar and add all the roasted ingredients into it.
- Blitz well into a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and sprinkle some white sesame for garnishing.
- Your chutney is ready to enjoy!
- Bon Appetit!
Our dry garlic chutney has some miraculous ingredients in it which can deliver plenty of health benefits. Let’s find out more about them.
Peanuts have a high amount of magnesium in them. They are a good source of protein. A hundred grams of peanuts have approximately 25 grams of protein. Peanuts are also rich in good fats, and fiber. Peanuts help you maintain a healthy heart and make your brain sharper. They are also suitable for diabetic patients. Consuming them regularly reduces the risk of gall stone. Peanuts ensure smooth and glowing skin.
This superfood contains MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides), which are metabolized differently than other fats. Coconuts also provide carbohydrates, protein, iron, manganese, copper, and selenium, along with many other important minerals. Antioxidants like polyphenols found in coconuts protect our cells from damage, which may help prevent chronic diseases. For those on low-carb, paleo, gluten-free diets, coconut is an excellent choice. The antioxidant properties of coconut may help control blood sugar levels.
Garlic has incredible antibacterial properties which helps in fighting bacteria, fungi and parasites. It can reduce the chances of blood clotting. Eating garlic can prevent colds and flu to a great extent. Garlic can help in lowering blood pressure, treating fever and much more. Garlic has anticancer properties. It can also help in detoxifying the body.
Garlic is undoubtedly one of the best foods for a healthy heart. Try out this amazing chutney with your favourite snacks and we are sure it will not only enhance the taste but amplify the nutritional content also. See you soon with the next recipe.