Missing some good and nutritious food? Well, we heard you and here we are with our super duper yummy and healthy corn and lettuce veggie. Most of you might not be on good terms with lettuce but here’s what we think, whenever life gives you lettuce, add some corn and make it yummy. Trust me the taste will leave you wanting for more. Without further ado let’s establish our cooking supremacy with yummy corn and lettuce veggie.
- Lettuce- 1 Cup (Blended) (200 ml)
- Corn- 1 Cup (Boiled and grinded) (100 ml)
- Cumin seeds- 1 Teaspoon (5 ml)
- Onion- 1 large piece (chopped)
- Salt- As per taste
- Tomato- 1 large piece (pureed)
- Cayenne powder- As per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon (5 ml)
- Coriander powder- 2 Teaspoon (10 ml)
Preparation Time – 10 Minutes
Cooking Time – 15-20 Minutes
Well, cooking is not a rocket science and we prove it in all our recipes, as they are simple to cook, rich in nutrients and most importantly make your taste buds happy. If you ask, cooking Corn and lettuce veggies is a can of corn i.e., which is extremely easy, all you need is your attention while following our instructions. Let’s crack the cooking code!
- Boil and grind corn kernels
- Blend the lettuce leaves
- Heat a pan
- Add cumin seeds and wait for them to splutter
- Add finely chopped onions
- Add some salt
- The onions will start releasing water
- Sauté them well in the water they have released
- Add pureed tomato
- Sprinkle some cayenne powder
- Add turmeric and coriander powder to bring spicy flavor
- Stir the mixture well
- Now, add pureed lettuce
- Cover the lid and let it steam for a while
- Now, add the grinded corn kernels for that nutty texture
- Braise for a while
- Your corn and lettuce veggie is ready to serve
The corn and lettuce veggie is not only delicious but healthy too, like all other dishes we prepare at Yuvaap. Each ingredient used in this veggie does complete justice to bring nutrition and taste to the table. Let’s look at the ingredients and their benefits
- Lettuce – Lettuce is a great source of several nutrients, it has ample amounts of vitamin K to strengthen your bones, it has vitamin A which is crucial for eye health, lettuce helps in improving vision, and it has great hydrating properties too. Like all other green leafy vegetables, it helps fight inflammation and diseases like diabetes and cancer. The fiber in lettuce promotes digestion and the lactucin present in lettuce helps in treating insomnia.
- Corn- Corn is rich in vitamin C hence good enough to protect our cells from any kind of damage, it can also protect us from diseases like cancer or cardiac disorders. It is rich in carotenoids which can be a great supplement for eye health, and prevent the development of cataract. Corn contains a bulk of fibers hence is great in maintaining healthy bowel movement. The quercetin present in corn helps in preventing Alzheimer and dementia.
Corn and lettuce veggies can be a perfect staple for your lunch or dinner. It is healthy, yummy and easy to prepare so you better give it a try.
Lettuce acts as a great anti-inflammatory agent that reduces inflammation, induces sleep, relieves pain, and prevents the growth of certain cancer cells such as leukemia.