Up for some healthy snacks? Well, we are here with a yummy recipe to ease out your snack cravings and to help your taste buds relish some heavenly flavors, the recipe we will be discussing today is Chili Baby Corn.
You might be very well introduced to the street selling sweet corn, thinking that it might have brought water to your mouth. Chili Baby Corn can give you the same taste, if not better than street-style sweet corn and the best thing about it is, it is way healthier. So, without further ado, let’s learn this amazing recipe.
- Baby Corns – 2 cups (Air Fried)
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Rice/ Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Spring onion – 1 cup (white part)
- Ginger- garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Red bell pepper – 1 cup
- Yellow bell pepper – 1 cup
- Spring onion – 1 cup (green part)
- Red chili – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ tablespoon
- Soya sauce -1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon (dissolved in water)
- Sesame – 1 tablespoon (white)
Preparation time – 10-15 minutes
Cooking time – 10-15 minutes
Chili Baby Corn is a quite easy recipe to make, you just need the right instructions and right ingredients and your dish will be ready to serve, below are some easy instructions you can follow.
- Fry the baby corn, we are using air frying technique for this recipe. (you can also opt for deep frying or shallow frying)
- Add salt, red chili powder and rice or gram flour
- Add some oil and mix everything well
- Keep aside the serving bowl
- For tempering, heat a pan
- Add some oil to it
- Add white part of spring onion and sauté well
- Add ginger garlic paste
- Now add red and yellow bell pepper along with green part of spring onion
- Cover with the lid
- Cook till the veggies turn soft
- Now add red chili powder and salt
- Add soya sauce and vinegar for tangy taste
- Mix everything well
- Now add some corn flour after dissolving it in water
- Add seasoned baby corn that we have prepared earlier
- Mix everything well
- Sprinkle sesame seeds for garnishing
- Chili Baby Corns are ready to savor
For More Updates Watch This Video
Chili Baby Corn is an excellent delicacy to savor, it has the perfect blend of spices and veggies making it ideal for a healthy snack option. The ingredients used in this recipe are extremely nutritious, let’s learn about them separately.
- Baby Corn – Baby Corn is rich in vitamin A hence extremely good for eye health, the vitamin C present in it, is good enough to protect our cells from any kind of damage, it can also protect us from diseases like cancer or cardiac disorders. Baby Corn contains a bulk of fibers hence, is great in maintaining healthy bowel movement. Baby corn has less starch and calorie content as compared to corn.
- Different colored veggies – You might have noticed we have included various colored veggies like spring onions, red and yellow bell peppers, these colors make it a rainbow diet ensuring we get all the phytonutrients present in them. Rainbow diet is rich in antioxidants, it can improve brain function, it is also ideal for lowering the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
- Sesame Seeds – Sesame seeds are an excellent source of manganese and calcium, hence great for bone health. Polyphenols found in them are excellent for hair health, the natural oils present in sesame seeds help in treatment of hypertension, Sesame seeds also have anti arthritic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
So you see how many benefits one plate of Chili Baby Corn serves you, so next time you crave for a healthy snack, just try out Chili Baby Corn and savor its delicious taste and aroma.
- It is advisable not to overcook the vegetables, as crunchy vegetables taste better. The sesame seeds included in the recipe are packed with calcium and magnesium, which are great for bone health and also help lower LDL (bad cholesterol).