Do you know what is luxury in a bowl? It is definitely a warm piping-hot soup with a creamy texture and a heavenly aroma.
In this article, we are going to discuss one such recipe, as the name suggests it is going to carry the goodness of carrots and the flavor of cumin. So let’s discuss this amazing recipe right away.
The ingredients we are going to require in this recipe are as follows.
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Carrot – 1 cup (chopped)
- Cauliflower – ½ cup (chopped)
- Water – 1 large glass (2 cups)
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Bay leaf – 1
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
Cooking time – 15-20 minutes
Serves – 1 bowl
A perfect bowl of carrot jeera soup is a few instructions away and trust me the process is going to be super easy, so let’s start our cooking crusade.
- Heat a pan
- Add cumin and coriander seeds
- Wait for them to splutter
- Now add chopped carrot and cauliflower
- Wait for the veggies to turn soft
- Stir the ingredients well
- Now add water as per the consistency of the soup you want
- Now add salt
- At last, add bay leaf
- Now close the lid and let it boil for 7-8 minutes
- Once boiled enough, cool it down
- After cooling, blend it well
- The soup is ready
- You can add coconut milk if you like the creamy texture
- Serve and savor!
Soups are the best way to show yourself some love, apart from being tasty and giving you cosy vibes, soups are extremely healthy and nutritious. Let’s look at the ingredient list one by one to check out all the amazing benefits this soup holds.
- Carrot –. Carrots are a great source of vitamin A, which is excellent for our skin and vision. They help us maintain blood sugar levels and are great for bone health. Carrots are also good for boosting our immune system. They can help with constipation as well. Studies have shown that they might have anti-cancer properties.
- Cumin seeds – Cumin is a rich source of dietary fibre, and exhibits carminative, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties. Cumin is a foolproof remedy for most digestive ailments. Cumin is extremely good for detoxification. They can also help in the weight loss journey.
- Bay leaf – Bay leaf is rich in vitamins A, B6, and C which is great for the immune system. Bay leaf can help a lot in easing bouts of upset stomachs. Bay leaf can also release sinus pressure or runny nose. It has been found to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
So, the creamy goodness of soup is complemented by a variety of nutritional benefits, and trust me you are going to try it out again and again once you get the taste of it.
- Add enough water to cover the veggies; you can add more later. Always cook on a slow flame, as cooking carrots increases their lycopene content and vitamin A. It is best to use seasonal carrots while preparing this recipe.