Is there anything better to slurp than soup? Nope! The recipe we are going to discuss here is famous for all good reasons. First, it has a super creamy texture that melts in your mouth. Second, the perfect blend of spices and flavors and third, it is super healthy. There are more reasons to love it but for that you need to try it at once.
Enough attempts to tempt your tummy, now let’s get straight to the recipe. Below are the ingredients you will need.
- Onion – 1 small (sliced)
- Garlic – ½ teaspoon (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ½ teaspoon (finely chopped)
- Salt – As per taste
- Parsley – ½ cup
- Broccoli – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cups (200 ml)
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Cashew mayonnaise – 1 teaspoon (Link)
Prep Time – 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
To make this amazing soup you have to follow some simple instructions, we are listing them below for you
- Use your ninja skills to chop down all the veggies i.e., onion, garlic, ginger, parsley and broccoli
- Now heat a pan (We are not using oil here)
- Add onions along with ginger and garlic
- Add a pinch of salt
- The onions will start releasing water
- Sauté the onions in the water they released
- Wait for the onion to turn brown
- Now add parsley and broccoli
- Cook for 5 minutes after adding 1 cup water
- Now let the mixture cool down
- Take a blending jar and blend the ingredients well
- Now add one cup coconut milk to the blended mixture
- At last, add a dash of black pepper and some cashew mayonnaise for garnishing
Broccoli Soup is a super nutritious and satiating soup, all the ingredients used in it have one or more health benefits, blending them altogether gives you an unparalleled taste and plenty of benefits, let’s discuss the ingredients one by one.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is high in fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium, among other minerals. It also has a higher protein content than the majority of other vegetables. Broccoli is loaded with compounds that are believed to protect against cancer. Broccoli also reduces the risk of age-related eye disorders. Broccoli also promotes digestion and eases constipation. Broccoli can also help in slowing the aging process.
- Parsley – Parsley is rich in folate, a vitamin B that protects your heart and may reduce risk of heart disease. The vitamins and beneficial plant compounds present in parsley may improve bone health, protect against chronic diseases, and provide antioxidant benefits.
- Coconut Milk – Coconut milk aids in weight loss, it has enough antioxidants to fight free radicals. Coconut milk helps in keeping electrolyte balance and strengthens the immune system. It has a significant amount of iron to prevent anaemia, it also promotes gastrointestinal health.
Broccoli soup can be your perfect partner to help you at times when you are hungry as a bear, or at times when you don’t have any idea about what to cook, this simple and healthy recipe can save you a lot of time and effort.
- Broccoli should not be overcooked. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables; you can add more water later.