How have you been lately? We assume you kept your taste buds entertained while keeping your health the top priority. And here we are with another yummy and healthy recipe.
Today we are going to prepare beauty khichdi, beauty and khichdi might look like a perfect contradiction, but trust me, our khichdi is not going to be a bland one. This khichdi has the magical powers of enhancing your beauty. Now we have caught your attention! And we will hold it till we complete the recipe.
Beauty khichri is an excellent concoction of nutrients, flavors and aroma. Let’s jump-start this khichdi-making venture.
- Quinoa- 1 large bowl
- Beetroot and Gooseberry- 1 medium bowl (pureed)
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt- As per taste
- Cayenne powder – As per taste
- Alfalfa and Fenugreek sprouts – 1 medium bowl
Preparation time- 10-15 minutes
Cooking time – 15-20 minutes
- Soak the quinoa overnight and boil it separately till it turns soft
- Grind the beetroot and gooseberry to make a fine puree
- Heat a pan
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter
- Add the pureed mixture of beetroot and gooseberry
- Add some salt and chili powder, using cayenne powder will be even better
- Wait for a while till the spices and puree are cooked well
- Refrain from overcooking, lest the nutrients lose their value
- Add quinoa to the mixture and stir well
- Now, add the fenugreek and alfalfa sprouts to enhance its nutritional value
- Let it steam
- Your beauty khichdi is ready to serve.
The khichdi is beautiful in every aspect, from appearance to taste, from nutritional value to benefits. It tops everywhere. All the ingredients used in this khichdi have superpowers to give you a glow up like never before. Let’s investigate every nutrient separately to check what they bring to the plate.
- Quinoa – Nutrient-dense quinoa is the perfect carbohydrate, that’s why it is called super grain, it has anti-inflammatory properties. It eases hypertension, helps in digestion, and has been proven to induce longevity.
- Beetroot- Beets are highly nutritious and loaded with health-promoting properties. They are extremely beneficial for skin. They are good for the health of your brain, heart, and digestive system. They boost athletic performance, help alleviate inflammation, and possibly slow the growth of cancer cells.
- Amla – Amla is loaded with vitamin C, making it ideal for skin health in particular. Studies suggest that it may improve kidney, liver, and heart health. Enhance immune function and hair growth, and promote digestive health.
- Fenugreek sprouts – Fenugreek sprouts help in managing diabetes and weight loss. They also may help promote heart, gut, and reproductive health.
- Alfalfa sprouts – Alfalfa is rich in vitamin K, folates and magnesium. They are excellent for bone health.
- Cayenne powder – It is excellent for heart health, improves vision and immune system.
It is clear that a small bowl of beauty khichdi is your secret Santa to bring out your hidden glow and make you shine. This yum delicacy is very easy to cook and brings a lot of other health benefits with it. So, what are you waiting for? Try this super recipe and enjoy the benefits.
- 1 teaspoon- 5 ml
- 1 tablespoon -15 ml
- Small bowl- 50 ml
- Medium bowl- 100 ml
- Large bowl -200 ml
- For maximum nutrient retention and flavor preservation of beets, it is advisable to boil or steam them with the skin intact, then rinse them in cold water to facilitate easy peeling. As an alternative to carrots, you can use beets in this recipe.