Thandai Badam Milk is a traditional drink, which is prepared on various occasions such as Maha Shivaratri and Holi. Whether you are an adult or a child, it is everyone’s favorite summer drink. It is refreshing and can be made at home. It does not need too many ingredients. You need a blender at home, just blend it, and the drink is ready.
- Raisin – 2 tablespoons (soaked overnight)
- Pumpkin seed – 1 tablespoon (soaked overnight)
- Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon (soaked for 3-4 hours)
- Poppy seeds – 1 tablespoon (soaked for 3-4 hours)
- Dried rose petals – 1 teaspoon
- Badam milk – 1 cup
Preparation time – 5-7 minutes
It is a simple badam thandai recipe and the cooking time is very short. You need to mix all the ingredients in the correct proportions in the blender and blend them all. It’s as simple as that. The instructions for preparing this wonderful drink is given below.
- Take a blender
- Add 2 tablespoons of raisins (soak it overnight). Make sure to add the soaked water as well
- Add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds (soak it overnight and discard the water)
- Add 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds (soak for 3-4 hours in advance and discard the water)
- Add 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds (soak for 3-4 hours in advance and discard the water)
- Add 1 teaspoon dried rose petals
- Blend everything together
- Then add 1 cup of badam milk
- Again, blend everything together
- Tada! Badam Thandai is ready!
Whenever we come up with an idea, we make sure all the ingredients that we use in our badam thandai recipe are super healthy as well.
- Raisin: Raisin is known as a superfood. It has all the essential nutrients. It has high amounts of soluble proteins. It has the presence of magnesium, calcium, and copper. It is a good source of antioxidants. These dried grapes help prevent cataracts. It is good for digestion as it contains a lot of soluble fibers. It is recommended for anemic patients. It contains a huge amount of iron and vitamins.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds have various nutrients like vitamin K, iron, zinc, copper, phosphorus, and manganese. They have a high presence of antioxidants like carotenoids, vitamin E, and selenium. It has several medicinal values. It controls blood sugar levels. Pumpkin seeds help to stabilize blood pressure. They help to stabilize the hormonal imbalance in women who suffer from PCOS. It reduces inflammation. It protects against kidney infections and treats irritated bladder. It reduces the chances of cancer in cancer-prone people as well.
- Dried rose petals: Dried rose petals are an important element of beauty and health. Whether as sunscreen or as a detox, people use it frequently for various skin care routines. These are rich in vitamins C and E and reduce inflammation. Dried rose petals prevent aging and help with allergies too. Due to its antibacterial properties, it is used for making face masks and reducing acne scars. They have a beautiful aroma. They are a great antioxidant for the liver.
So you sit back and enjoy. We will rack our brains and come up with good quality recipes for you.
- You can substitute almond milk with coconut milk.