We all love snacking and munching and one thing that each of our snacking sessions requires is a dip. Well, how about preparing a dip on your own? Do not worry, you need not to be an expert for this, a few simple steps and your dip will be ready.
We all know how healthy avocados are, but one more thing impressive about them is their extraordinary taste. Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, vitamins, potassium, fibre, and a ton of other minerals.
All you need is a few ingredients and 10 minutes and you will have a perfect dip ready for your munching session. This natural, delicious, and vegan dip will bless you with plenty of health benefits also.
· Avocado -1 pulp (mashed)
· Onion – ½ cup (chopped)
· Tomatoes – ½ (chopped)
· Coriander leaves – ½ cup (chopped)
· Sauerkraut – 1 tablespoon
· Sprouted fenugreek seeds – 1 tablespoon
· Lemon – 1 (juice)
- First, carefully remove the pit from avocado and split it in halves lengthwise
- While it is still in its skin, cut the avocado into pieces. Scoop the flesh into a small mixing bowl with a spoon
- Mash the avocado with a fork properly
- Add chopped onion and chopped tomatoes
- Add chopped coriander leaves
- Add 1 tablespoon sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon sprouted fenugreek seeds
- Add 1 lemon juice and mix until well combined
- Your Avocado dip is ready to enjoy
Avocados have a higher calorie count. Nevertheless, a fascinating study has revealed that avocados’ high fat and fibre content gives a feeling of satiety, which controls hunger, they are a strong source of vitamin E, B5, K, fibre, niacin, and folate in addition to being high in vitamin C, antioxidants, and folate. Avocado’s full complement of nutrients can help you feel more energised, battle lethargy, and improve your mood.
Sauerkraut can help immensely in digestion as they have a great fibre content, being fermented they are excellent for gut health. Sauerkraut can also help in keeping you full for longer durations hence promoting weight loss. Apart from that sauerkraut give you all the benefits you get on consuming green leafy vegetables.
Sprouted fenugreek seeds
There are several medical benefits to fenugreek, regardless of form. It is plentiful in alkaloids, potassium, niacin, proteins, fibre, vitamin C, and other nutrients. Diosgenin, a steroidal saponin, is another substance that is rich in it. Fenugreek sprout consumption is a successful method for preventing hair loss since it is high in antioxidants that are responsible for battling free radicals, which are the main cause of hair fall.
There is no doubt, avocado dip can make your boring snacks super interesting. So, give it a try and tell us in the comment section how it turned out.