Do you also think that potatoes are the most versatile vegetable available all over the world? From french fries to vodka, you can make anything from potatoes. And when it comes to potato veggies, they win everyone’s heart. Especially if you make aloo methi bhaji by following our recipe, you will find it hard to restrain yourself from a second serving. Although very few people like methi because of its slightly bitter taste. However, it can be avoided if the technique is correct. In fact, it can be super tasty if you follow this recipe. So, let’s start with grabbing ingredients and be ready to get amazed as you taste this delicious and super healthy veggie.
- Cold-pressed coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin – ½ teaspoon (roasted)
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon (sprouted)
- Ginger – ½ teaspoon (grated)
- Green chilly – ½ teaspoon (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Rock salt – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Potatoes – 1 big or 2 small (unpeeled)
- Methi – 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – ½ cup (chopped)
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes
Have you looked at all the ingredients carefully? If yes, then let’s start with the instructions. You need to take care of the sprouted fenugreek seeds. Soak them in water for 7 to 8 hours before cooking. Also, as said earlier, methi is a little bitter in taste. But we will be using a trick at the end to help eliminate Methi’s bitterness. Now let’s learn the amazing recipe for making aloo methi bhaji:
- First, take a pan or cauldron, whatever you prefer to make the bhaji. Put it on the flame and let it heat.
- Add one teaspoon of cold-pressed coconut oil to the pan and let it heat.
- Now add ½ teaspoon of cumin and one teaspoon of sprouted fenugreek seeds and roast them.
- The fourth step is adding all the bhaji taste enhancers, that is, all the spices. We will go with the grated ginger ½ teaspoon first, followed by ½ teaspoon of chopped green chilly, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, and ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon of rock salt. You can add more or less rocksalt according to your taste.
- Now mix everything together and cook for a good time. Don’t burn it. Afterward, you can go for one big potato or two small potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are unpeeled. It will add more taste to the bhaji. Cooking time generally takes 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let it heat until ½ portion of the potatoes is cooked. After that, add 2 cups of finely chopped methi.
- Put ½ cup of chopped tomatoes into the mixture.
- Mix everything together and cook for the next five minutes. Make sure potatoes, methi, and all spices are mixed properly.
- This step is the secret trip to eliminate the bitterness of the methi. Without the pan lid, you must cook the bhaji for the last two minutes. After that, you will not feel the bitterness of methi.
- Your perfect bowl of Aloo Methi Veggie is ready, serve and savor.
Learn how to prepare Aloo Methi Veggie!
In this recipe, you get the prominent taste of methi. Methi has lots of benefits for both seeds and leaves. Potatoes are also not unhealthy. In fact, all the ingredients are useful in their own way. Let’s see some of the benefits of the elements of aloo methi bhaji.
Sprouted fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of Medically Active Ingredients. Any variety of fenugreek contains a wealth of therapeutic qualities. They are abundant in alkaloids, proteins, fiber, niacin, potassium, and vitamin C. Diosgenin, a steroidal saponin complex, is another substance. Fenugreek sprouts are one of the best foods for diabetic patients. The benefits of fenugreek include the ability to promote the body’s synthesis of insulin and lower blood sugar levels. After 24 weeks of regular fenugreek ingestion, studies on patients with Type 2 diabetes have revealed a significantly decreased amount of sugar in their bloodstream. Fenugreek seeds have anti-viral properties, they can relieve problems of sore throat, cold, and sinusitis. They also aid in digestion and can relieve symptoms of PMS and menopause.
Trigonelline, lysine, and l-tryptophan are abundant in fenugreek seeds. Numerous fibers and saponins in high concentrations in the seeds may be responsible for several of fenugreek’s health advantages. Saponins found in fenugreek aid in lowering the body’s absorption of cholesterol from fatty diets. According to some research, saponins may also help the body produce less cholesterol overall, particularly LDL or bad cholesterol. Fenugreek water is used as an anti-acid. It has medicinal properties like it’s good for the skin, and good for hair as well. It helps relieve indigestion, constipation, liver problems, cancer, and obesity. In females, it increases breast milk production and helps with menstrual cramps.
Potatoes contain a lot of vitamin C, an antioxidant. Because the vitamin C in potatoes warded against scurvy, they were a life-saving food supply in earlier times. Potassium, an electrolyte that supports the function of our heart, muscles, and peripheral nerves is another essential vitamin found in potatoes.
Compounds like flavonoids, carotene, and phenolic acids are abundant in potatoes. It might enhance digestion. Gluten is naturally absent from potatoes.
Visit Yuvaap Kitchen For More Such Recipes.
So, when are you trying out this simple yet amazing recipe? Don’t forget to tell us about it in the comments.