The world we live in is running at a very fast pace nowadays and to keep up with its momentum it is necessary to take challenges and win them and that’s what defines success, but this mad race has shut us away from our true self, the more we are running behind materialistic pleasure, the more we are losing our contact with ourselves, and this is the reason we often fall pray to stress, anxiety and depression.
About 70% of the people in the world are suffering from anxiety and at such times it becomes important to find an escape from all the hustle bustle of the world, we are in dire need of some time with ourselves, when we can truly live in present and take experience of the best our existence, but where to buy this extra time so that we don’t lag behind in the race. The answer is we can incorporate some advanced meditation practice in our daily lives, it is completely feasible. Let’s discuss how we can experience the miracle of meditation in our daily lives.
1. The 4-7-8 Breathing Meditation
The 4-7-8 breathing is an easy advanced meditation technique to get yourself together while lost or confused, it helps in calming the mind and increasing the concentration.
- Take a few deep, cleansing breaths while closing your eyes
- Keep your mouth slightly open and press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth right above your top teeth
- Exhale until you reach the bottom of your inhalation
- Close your lips and inhale four times via your nose
- For seven counts, hold your breath
- Exhale for eight counts via the mouth, keeping the tongue in place
- Rep four times more. You can eventually work your way up to eight full breaths
2. The Morning Mindfulness
Ten minutes just after you wake up are enough to ignite your spark for rest of the day a little me time just after you wake up prepares you better for taking the challenges of the day. It is one of the best meditation techniques for stress.
- Get up from the bed and find a comfortable place to sit
- Close your eyes
- Visualize your tasks for the day
- Express gratitude to five things in your life
- Recite positive affirmations about yourself
- Take few deep breaths
- Now you are ready to begin your day
3. Technical Support
With technology at our disposal, we can easily find assistance for meditation too, there are several applications in the market which are completely free and are dedicated to meditation, you can download them and join an online meditation group and take a few minutes’ guided meditation tour to get some fresh energy and perspective, all you need here is a headphone and five to ten minutes and you are good to go.
4. A Silent Mantra
Whenever feeing anxious about anything at your workplace, silently reciting a Mantra can work wonders. It is an excellent advanced mindfulness meditation. You can create your own mantra, it could be an affirmation, a chant or anything. You need to repeat it over and over aligning with your breath. It should be consistent and rhythmic. Doing so will calm your nerves and will prepare you best for the upcoming event.
5. Mindful Eating
Mindful eating is an excellent advanced meditation program for busy people. Lunch time can be a very good opportunity for practicing mindfulness, here is how.
- Instead of making haste you should take ample time to savor every bite you take
- Feel the food melting in your mouth, experience how your mouth work while chewing it
- Track down the movement of food while you swallow, feel the texture and aroma
- This way you will realize the food has become more delicious
Since mindful eating will slow down your speed you will feel full much early and it will ultimately lead to weightless, apart from this mindful eating increase the digestion and assimilation of food hence you will reap maximum benefits and nutrition. So, this way mindful eating can become your short meditation session.
6. Walking Meditation
Walking Meditation is quite popular among people who find lack of time and it has several benefits associated with it, first is you choose to walk for short distance instead of taking a vehicle which is environmentally friendly, second is walking can be a very good physical exercise so your body will remain fit, third, you will be able to meditate in the time provided to you.
- As you walk be aware of each body movement you are making
- Feel every stride you make
- Notice the land under your feet, removing footwear will give you better experience while walking in a garden
- Look around and notice your surroundings
- Synchronize your breath with every step you take
7. Meditation During Waiting
They say time becomes extra lengthy when you are waiting for someone or something but you can make excellent use of this time by meditating. Your time will pass easily and you will also get benefits of meditation, isn’t it a win- win deal?
- Start taking deep breaths
- Concentrate on your surroundings as an observer
- Listen to all the voices and witness every activity
- Don’t pass any judgement
- Direct compassionate thought toward people
Meditation is not always about sitting in a yogic posture with your eyes closed, meditation simply means being in present, being with your thoughts and deeds, people often cite they are too busy to include meditation in their daily life but the thing is the busier you are, the more you need meditation practices to calm down.
Meditation can be very easily incorporated in our daily lives, be it walking, eating or any activity, there is enough opportunity and time for those who really want to meditate, and the effects the meditation brings in our life is not hidden from anyone, and now that advanced meditation secrets are out, stop citing excuses and begin, every effort in this direction is worth appreciating and has potential to cultivate benefits.